PDA

View Full Version : Image too large????? WTH!!!!!

Ted
08-12-2012, 03:17 PM
I was trying too upload some pics to my profile albums, but ...... when I hit the upload button it asks me to log in , which is cool, but when I do a thingy immediately pops up saying image too large by such and such kilo bites, when I haven't even selected an image yet.

Rick
08-12-2012, 06:12 PM
It's smart like that. It knew what you were going to load. But seriously sports fans. It seems to be working for me. I'm using Google Chrome 21.

canid
08-14-2012, 02:56 AM
I just tried to upload a photo for the first time in a while (since vbulletin won't let me hotlink images from my own domain for my profile bg) and am experiencing the same problem. says 'exceeds your current quota by 1.39MB'. have the quotas perhaps been changed to less than some of us already have uploaded?

canid
08-14-2012, 02:59 AM
nm, it allowed me to do so if i entered url(image-url) in the background text field on the edit profile ui. still can't upload anything.

crashdive123
08-14-2012, 07:55 AM
If I remember correctly - and not sure if this is applicable - you are limited to the number of photos you can load from your computer (100?). I exceeded that very early in my membership and went with photobucket. Of course, I've long since exceeded my "free" account and have upgraded to a paid account.

wtrfwlr
08-14-2012, 08:14 AM
That is interesting about the P/B limit. I was not aware there was a limit? Do you remember what that is and how much I'm going to be facing when I inevitably get there?

crashdive123
08-14-2012, 08:25 AM
I forget what the limit is (it's a lot) for the free account, but I have long ago exceeded that limit and went with the pro account.

Ted
08-14-2012, 07:27 PM
If I remember correctly - and not sure if this is applicable - you are limited to the number of photos you can load from your computer (100?). .

Oh, oh, thats probly whats up. If I delete some can I add more ?

crashdive123
08-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah, but if you delete some, you really screw up the flow of the threads that you delete them from. If possible, open a Photobucket account - it's free and simple to use.

Ted
08-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Ooooopssss!, should have waited for your reply. Sorry if I screwed anything up!
I have a photo bucket account.

Thanks Crash.

Rick
08-14-2012, 10:47 PM
All those knives you made and posted just went back to raw metal.

canid
08-14-2012, 11:36 PM
I just can't wait til I can implement my dream server system. little pico-itx VIA box burning about 12 watts at idle for a default webserver, with a full server machine on WoL to boot up whenever load gets too high. then I can have one running 24/7 costing me almost nothing, and still satisfy greater loads. that way I can hotlink whatever i want from my server with no interruptions.

wtrfwlr
08-14-2012, 11:45 PM
I just can't wait til I can implement my dream server system. little pico-itx VIA box burning about 12 watts at idle for a default webserver, with a full server machine on WoL to boot up whenever load gets too high. then I can have one running 24/7 costing me almost nothing, and still satisfy greater loads. that way I can hotlink whatever i want from my server with no interruptions.

Is there a place to legally buy what he is on? I think I want some of that, albeit after reading it I realized I don't really know how to think to start with!

canid
08-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Is there a place to legally buy what he is on? I think I want some of that, albeit after reading it I realized I don't really know how to think to start with!

In any decent state: http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/tumbler.html

wtrfwlr
08-15-2012, 12:01 AM
In any decent state: http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/tumbler.html

Ok, Gotcha I think? I'm sorta getting a mixed message though since you say any decent state. You are from California and the site is Nevada, on top of that I'm from Arkansas and it's pretty decent. But maybe when you say State you are not speaking of a geographic location huh?

canid
08-15-2012, 12:25 AM
hahaha. Sierra Nevada is in Chico Ca, at the base of the sierra nevada foothills. I'm just saying, there are states out there that won't let you buy full strength beer. you know; the ones that tend to expect a person to pay $8+ for a six pack of the 3.2% equivalent of anything decent. I'm not saying california is wonderful, just that it's better than some of the alternatives ;)

wtrfwlr
08-15-2012, 12:50 AM
hahaha. Sierra Nevada is in Chico Ca, at the base of the sierra nevada foothills. I'm just saying, there are states out there that won't let you buy full strength beer. you know; the ones that tend to expect a person to pay $8+ for a six pack of the 3.2% equivalent of anything decent. I'm not saying california is wonderful, just that it's better than some of the alternatives ;)

I gotcha brother, I'm just rattlin your cage a little. We still have the stupid Sunday law here for some unknown reason? But we got same dang good White-Lightin round these parts! And yes we can by some good beers here and actually have a couple really nice micros' here in Little Rock that turn out some great stuff.

canid
08-15-2012, 12:55 AM
That's always good to hear. Finding decent beer was a killer in texas and utah.