PDA

View Full Version : What are your top 10 items

techiedude
08-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Ok here is the scenario...you can tell that the tsiathtf and you want to prepare or add to your supplies to be as ready as you can. You have an extra 1000.00 you can put your hands on...What do you buy and in what order of priority.
Is it Food, Ammo, Guns, toilet paper, seeds, water. what is your list? just had that thought today after hearing Israel is close to taking care business.

Rick
08-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Way too vague. Try looking through this then revise the question.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?5477-Survival-Scenario-Check-List

techiedude
08-01-2012, 09:12 PM
No...you can go into to many things and the topic to encompassing. Is it alaska in winter, is it a drought, is it mississippi in the summer, is it a dessert and I have tons of water but noe shoes. I am asking for who ever wants to answer what is thier top things they want to have with limited ammount of money and short period of time to get it...

cowgirlup
08-01-2012, 09:14 PM
That's a tough one. I'm not sure how much Israel opening up a can of whupass on Iran will effect me aside from crazy high fuel prices.
So I'd probably sink the whole 1k into prebuying the winters heating oil.

I figure unless the US was under attack we'd still have jobs. I think we're covered for most emergencies for at least 6 months probably a lot longer if the power grid is still up and running.

Celticwarrior
08-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Good call, CGU. I too would put the money into fuel. I don't have heating oil anymore, I have propane. Same deal though. Second choice would be more freeze dried and canned meats. I can grow veggies even in winter in the greenhouse, but more shelf-stable meats would always be welcome. Or I could blow it all on Toilet Paper. You laugh now, but when you are wiping with cold wet leaves and your Yellow Pages, you'll think "I wish I'd gotten more TP!" :censored:

hunter63
08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I would rate candles right up there if grid goes down.

Celticwarrior
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
You can make your own candles with premade supplies, or beeswax, or beef tallow, or a liquid candle with any type of oil and a wick. Getting supplies for candlemaking would be a good idea though, regardless.

Sourdough
08-01-2012, 09:45 PM
5,000 more rounds of .22 Magnum Ammo, and a $25.00 tub of chocolate peanut butter ice cream.

Crabapple Plum
08-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I'd put my generator in the shop, pick up that oil cap for the chainsaw while I'm there, refuel my van down at the corner where there's no ethanol in their fuel and buy out all the garden seeds that are on seasonal closeout right now. Need about 200' feet of new garden hose, too. Should call and order propane, too. Finish picking berries and go fishing.

Put the cure on the salmon and have raspberries and cream for dinner.

Rick
08-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Well, since it could be anything I'll have to go with nail polish. If SHTF the ladies are gonna wanna look good. When the stores run out I'll make a fortune.

canid
08-01-2012, 10:26 PM
1.) can of coffee,
2.) second can of coffee,
3.) third can of coffee,
4.) fourth can of coffee,
5.) cookpot,
6.) lighter,
7.) knife with full-hard spine,
8.) 6-pack of beer,
9.) 12-pack of beer,
10.) a good book.

yeah; i think that was the list...

Rick
08-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Pssst. 40 ouncers.

jhnnymwr75
08-01-2012, 10:33 PM
I'd be screwed. I'd probably stock up some food, water, ammunition for the .22, first aid supplies and barter items. Then go a find a place and camp out, hunt for what I can, collect what I know, and hope I can trade either hard work or supplies with someone for something I need.

I'm fine using a large younger leaf for TP, its all about getting the job done, right?:yes:

Rick
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
What don't the three of us link up? With Canid's beer, your food and my nail polish the ladies will be swarming us. Say, when exactly is this SHTF suppose to happen 'cause I'm startin' to look forward to it.

natertot
08-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Pssst. 40 ouncers.

Naahh! Get Kegs!!!!!!! If people start showing up, I want to keep the masses happy!:rockon:

techiedude
08-01-2012, 11:28 PM
That's a tough one. I'm not sure how much Israel opening up a can of whupass on Iran will effect me aside from crazy high fuel prices.
So I'd probably sink the whole 1k into prebuying the winters heating oil.

I figure unless the US was under attack we'd still have jobs. I think we're covered for most emergencies for at least 6 months probably a lot longer if the power grid is still up and running.

Thanks cowgirl that is what im talking about i just wanted quick oof the cuff what would I get if i thought things were about to go bad.

techiedude
08-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Good call, CGU. I too would put the money into fuel. I don't have heating oil anymore, I have propane. Same deal though. Second choice would be more freeze dried and canned meats. I can grow veggies even in winter in the greenhouse, but more shelf-stable meats would always be welcome. Or I could blow it all on Toilet Paper. You laugh now, but when you are wiping with cold wet leaves and your Yellow Pages, you'll think "I wish I'd gotten more TP!" :censored:

Yes Celtic i would also invest in some TP and i already get caned meats.

techiedude
08-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Yes i get some candles from the dollar store they have long burning candles buy the 5 pack for a dollar I have many.

techiedude
08-01-2012, 11:32 PM
I like the way you think cause if momma aint happy nobody is happy

techiedude
08-01-2012, 11:35 PM
I'd put my generator in the shop, pick up that oil cap for the chainsaw while I'm there, refuel my van down at the corner where there's no ethanol in their fuel and buy out all the garden seeds that are on seasonal closeout right now. Need about 200' feet of new garden hose, too. Should call and order propane, too. Finish picking berries and go fishing.

Put the cure on the salmon and have raspberries and cream for dinner.

Yes the dollar general has thier seeds onsale right now for 15 cents a pack i would recomend getting all you can.

techiedude
08-01-2012, 11:37 PM
I'd be screwed. I'd probably stock up some food, water, ammunition for the .22, first aid supplies and barter items. Then go a find a place and camp out, hunt for what I can, collect what I know, and hope I can trade either hard work or supplies with someone for something I need.

I'm fine using a large younger leaf for TP, its all about getting the job done, right?:yes:

Yes i am on your side i would be the same way.

Sarge47
08-01-2012, 11:37 PM
(Tattoo) "Oh boss, look! Look! De plane! De Plane!"

(Ricardo Mantobahn) "Welcome to Fantasy Island folks!"

:innocent:

Yeah, I'll go with cases of Jack! That's going to be a real hot barter item!

:sneaky2:

techiedude
08-01-2012, 11:38 PM
What don't the three of us link up? With Canid's beer, your food and my nail polish the ladies will be swarming us. Say, when exactly is this SHTF suppose to happen 'cause I'm startin' to look forward to it.

Sorry Rick the post did not go your way..

Rick
08-01-2012, 11:56 PM
What do you mean? Canid, wtrflwr and I wound up with the food, beer and women. Don't get any better than that.

wtrfwlr
08-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I'll go with cases of Jack! That's going to be a real hot barter item!

:sneaky2:
Whiskey is NOT a barter item! Guns, Ammo, Food...Yes Whiskey? Never!

Rick
08-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Never barter anything that can be used to take away your barter items or your life.

"Yeah, I'll trade you for the gun and some ammo."
"Here ya go. Anything else?"
(loading gun). "Yeah, Give me everything."

wtrfwlr
08-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Surely you knew that I was joking? I have enough sense to know that I have to have my guns and ammo to keep their grubby hands off my whiskey barrels!:gun_bandana:

NightShade
08-02-2012, 05:51 AM
This is an odd question.... If someone just gave me an extra $1000????

Hmmm... Honestly, I'd probably finish up a few of my tattoos at once and then go to the strip club. Honesty is the best
Policy.

cowgirlup
08-02-2012, 08:59 AM
This is an odd question.... If someone just gave me an extra $1000????

Hmmm... Honestly, I'd probably finish up a few of my tattoos at once and then go to the strip club. Honesty is the best
Policy.

If you outsurvive me with that kind of plan I'm gonna be pi$$ed!
:(

NightShade
08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm joking of course.... I'm not too big on strip clubs... Having a daughter kinda changes your perspective- like " oh man, that girl's poor father.."

I'm still waiting for this mysterious person who's gonna just hand me money to buy gear with, that I hear about from time to time...

kyratshooter
08-02-2012, 10:04 AM
I think the underlying question here is "how many of us have $1000 cash on hand in our emergency gear?"

Perhaps that should be #1 on the list and everything else bumped down to 2-11!

I once heard my FIL answer the old question "what would you do if you knew you only had 6 months to live?" The answer put me into laughing spasims because it was so honest.

"Drink whisky, smoke cigarettes and chase women!"

The MIL stayed mad at him for a week!

OH yea, the purchase, right.

Meds-when they run out I am a gonner. It is my weakest long term survival item due to ME not having control over the perscription/supply
vitimins-to counter the defficiencies of a spam and ramen noodle diet
Asprin in huge quantities
vet grade antibiotic powder
Spam-more spam
Whisky/PGA/Vodka for med use/trade/recreaton

I'm good on everything else. As it is I could last 6 months without going more than 1/2 mile in any direction. That would be down to the lake for water/fishing.

Theocrat
08-02-2012, 01:28 PM
1. Guns
2. Ammo/magazines
3. Clothing
4. Water/water filter
5. Food/seeds
6. Basic hygene items - TP, soap, toothbrush etc
7. Medical supplies
8. Fishing equip - pole, hooks, lures etc
9. Camping supplies - Tents, sleeping bags, fire starters, knives, axes, good survival books etc.
10. Gas, oil and automotive fluids and tools

Winter
08-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Most here already own their "Top 10" items. I'd go with fuel and some canned meats. Can't have enough canned meats.

Power Giant
08-02-2012, 04:55 PM
I already have the possibles. I'd have to say diesel and gasoline, maybe some more food.

hunter63
08-02-2012, 05:29 PM
1.) can of coffee,
2.) second can of coffee,
3.) third can of coffee,
4.) fourth can of coffee,
5.) cookpot,
6.) lighter,
7.) knife with full-hard spine,
8.) 6-pack of beer,
9.) 12-pack of beer,
10.) a good book.

yeah; i think that was the list...

Need more beer, need more coffee,...... I'll swap ya, a bag of chips for the book

canid
08-02-2012, 07:53 PM
(*guarded curiosity*)
what kind of chips..?

hunter63
08-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Pringles!....Yeah I know, no nutrition what's so ever, but I like them.

canid
08-02-2012, 08:01 PM
i might be tempted to swap that item out for a big bag of spicy sweet chili doritos. i have a weakness.

farmerjane
08-02-2012, 08:15 PM
I would convert the 1k into silver, cause the cash is gonna be worthless sooner or later.

Down here in Texas heat is the LAST of my concerns, reached 115 on my porch today. Have already set up a solar ice machine. Everyone will want to cool down here. Should be a "hot" barter item. ha

Everything else is as good as it can get if it hits that soon.

Sourdough
08-02-2012, 08:27 PM
I would convert the 1k into silver, cause the cash is gonna be worthless sooner or later.

NOW, You've done it........Rick does NOT like to hear that. (Ps. I agree with you).

farmerjane
08-02-2012, 09:45 PM
NOW, You've done it........Rick does NOT like to hear that. (Ps. I agree with you).

That is alright, we all live in our realities from time to time...... :eyore:

If it does remain valid, then the silver could always be converted back. However, if it does become worthless, then I will have something worth trading with. If it happens, I will keep a little silver on hand for Rick. :walkman:

tjwilhelm
08-02-2012, 10:18 PM
I thought this article might be an interesting add-on to this thread: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-most-often-forgotten-survival-preparations

jhnnymwr75
08-02-2012, 10:51 PM
I thought this article might be an interesting add-on to this thread: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-most-often-forgotten-survival-preparations

Thank you for the article, very interesting!

techiedude
08-03-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm joking of course.... I'm not too big on strip clubs... Having a daughter kinda changes your perspective- like " oh man, that girl's poor father.."

I'm still waiting for this mysterious person who's gonna just hand me money to buy gear with, that I hear about from time to time...

Not saying anyone was giving you anything...thought was you were savvy enough to see the collapse coming you new the 1000 in the bank was needed to get supply's quickly... what would you head out to wally world or your local Academy and get?

techiedude
08-03-2012, 12:46 AM
This is what i am talking about what are your major concerns...Meds is a big problem for lots of people.

techiedude
08-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Need more beer, need more coffee,...... I'll swap ya, a bag of chips for the book

The man wants his coffee me TP would be great...

Crabapple Plum
08-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the reminder on the silver. I'll go over to Wire and Rope for a spool of copper wire, a spool of silver wire and blow the rest on brazing rods and brass fittings.

Mrshelby42
08-03-2012, 10:37 AM
First let me apoligize if us Newbies are required to introduce ourselves somewhere else, but this thread caught my eye and I decided to read through it. Anyway to make a short one outta this, I am a 50yr old male, not in too terrible a shape, as long as rounds ok. I started not long ago putting some things together since what ive read and seen tends to make me believe that SHTF probably no later than Jan and as early as Nov. Obviously whoever gets the most vote will dictate a date, but I do think things will wait until after that decsion is made. Ok, i was most interested in the talk about seeds. Since most of yall are so far ahead in planning and eventual execution, u may not want to fill in a newbie concerning some basic question and I understand. I mentioned seeds because i wanted to pass by u, the seed type I have procurred and see what yall thought. I currently have seed for tomatos, beans, squash, turnip, cucumber, peanuts, and several herbs. I also plan to hit the two Aloe Vera plants in my front yard as I leave to snip and baggy to be planted later. some other questions I have is my area i plan to does not have very many openings larger than , say half football field, so 50 yards in any direction that isnt dense forest. What would you consider I should train my gun scope to? Ill go into further detail on what I have/need but I will not be alone and we are all tasked with supplying some things at group level, on top of personal requirements. Thanks for any answers and insight yall can provide. May all your aims be true.

Theocrat
08-03-2012, 01:13 PM

The guy that wrote that article, Brandon Smith, is awsome! I've been reading his articles religiously for a couple years now. He is one of the most well informed, intelligent and succinct writers I have ever read. I recommend finding all his articles, read and save them for re-reading on occation.

Wildthang
08-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Well, to me water, food, ammo, generator, fuel, motor oil, clothing for the seasons, seeds, necessary firearms, short wave radio, and shelter is the top ten, oh wait, that's 11..........sorry!

NightShade
08-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Lots of toilet paper for sure... And more communication gear!!

crashdive123
08-03-2012, 06:56 PM
First let me apoligize if us Newbies are required to introduce ourselves somewhere else, but this thread caught my eye and I decided to read through it. Anyway to make a short one outta this, I am a 50yr old male, not in too terrible a shape, as long as rounds ok. I started not long ago putting some things together since what ive read and seen tends to make me believe that SHTF probably no later than Jan and as early as Nov. Obviously whoever gets the most vote will dictate a date, but I do think things will wait until after that decsion is made. Ok, i was most interested in the talk about seeds. Since most of yall are so far ahead in planning and eventual execution, u may not want to fill in a newbie concerning some basic question and I understand. I mentioned seeds because i wanted to pass by u, the seed type I have procurred and see what yall thought. I currently have seed for tomatos, beans, squash, turnip, cucumber, peanuts, and several herbs. I also plan to hit the two Aloe Vera plants in my front yard as I leave to snip and baggy to be planted later. some other questions I have is my area i plan to does not have very many openings larger than , say half football field, so 50 yards in any direction that isnt dense forest. What would you consider I should train my gun scope to? Ill go into further detail on what I have/need but I will not be alone and we are all tasked with supplying some things at group level, on top of personal requirements. Thanks for any answers and insight yall can provide. May all your aims be true.

Firstest - welcome to the forum.
Secondest - nobody has a problem sharing and helping when they can, regardless of how long the person they are helping has been a member.
Thirdest - and I'll only speak for myself - I did not respond to the thread because there were no parameters set. They were suggested though. For me - that is important in order to have a response be meaningful. Here's why. The OP stated that the S was about to HTF and you had an extra $1000 to spend on supplies - what are the top 10 on the list? It's hurricane season and I live on the Florida coast. For me it might be food, fuel, plywood, etc. Obviously others are thinking of some sort of total collapse since they have included seeds. I don't need seeds if a hurricane is coming, a meth lab is busted next door, a train is derailed that is carrying chlorine..........

Scenario's are great, but in order for them to be of any use - they need to be clearly defined. Maybe the OP was thinking total societal collapse - don't know.

canid
08-03-2012, 07:16 PM
How about this: you wake up one morning, with $1000USD in cash from a recently completed side-job. You pick up your morning paper to find that pork-bellies have plummeted and people are just beginning to riot in the streets. There is no imminent threat of financial or societal collapse, but it looks like it's going to be at least 6 months of hyper-inflation, with the initial panic resulting in widespread unrest for the first several days, and incidents of attacks on scapegoat groups and random vandalism. Is this a better defined scenario?

crashdive123
08-03-2012, 09:59 PM
It would be.

techiedude
08-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Firstest - welcome to the forum.
Secondest - nobody has a problem sharing and helping when they can, regardless of how long the person they are helping has been a member.
Thirdest - and I'll only speak for myself - I did not respond to the thread because there were no parameters set. They were suggested though. For me - that is important in order to have a response be meaningful. Here's why. The OP stated that the S was about to HTF and you had an extra $1000 to spend on supplies - what are the top 10 on the list? It's hurricane season and I live on the Florida coast. For me it might be food, fuel, plywood, etc. Obviously others are thinking of some sort of total collapse since they have included seeds. I don't need seeds if a hurricane is coming, a meth lab is busted next door, a train is derailed that is carrying chlorine..........

Scenario's are great, but in order for them to be of any use - they need to be clearly defined. Maybe the OP was thinking total societal collapse - don't know.

crash dive that's what the question was for, what for you would be your top ten...If Hurricane is your SHTF then say so and say what you would buy. You and Rick don't want to wast time on something that is not dot by dot specific but its just a question to get people talking and newbies learning.

canid
08-04-2012, 02:55 AM
That's why I gave the answers I gave. I can't think of an emergency that my top-10 wouldn't ease.

crashdive123
08-04-2012, 06:01 AM
crash dive that's what the question was for, what for you would be your top ten...If Hurricane is your SHTF then say so and say what you would buy. You and Rick don't want to wast time on something that is not dot by dot specific but its just a question to get people talking and newbies learning.

While I certainly understand what you are saying, I disagree somewhat. If one of the goals is to help newer members learn, I would submit to you that the opposite has the potential to be true with a "what would you do if" type question where no parameters are defined. Here's why. If a person is new to disaster preparedness and reads several "lists" that have no real focus, it will not IMO be helpful to them, but rather create more confusion than when they started.

oldsoldier
08-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Most here already own their "Top 10" items. I'd go with fuel and some canned meats. Can't have enough canned meats.

I agree due to good luck on my part and bad economy for several businesses We have about 10 -12 years stock on TP, feminine hygeine products, napkins, papertowels, and such. Somewhere around 1,000+ toothbrushes, about 2,000 +/_ light bulbs if power is available. Enough first aid supplies for a M*A*S*H unit, among other "things" We have a well and a generator to run it if needed, 2 more generators and getting a big military one within the next 60 days. Plus some 12,000 gallons of stored water.

Only have a couple hundred gallons of gas and about 50 of kerosene stored so I'd add to those. Have about 8-9 months of canned meat on hand now but a couple cases of yoders canned bacon on the way ( Thanks Rick for the where to go info) So I'd add more of that, ( do weekly anyway) I'd also add anothe couple hundred pounds of beans and rice.

cowgirlup
08-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Ok here is the scenario...you can tell that the tsiathtf and you want to prepare or add to your supplies to be as ready as you can. You have an extra 1000.00 you can put your hands on...What do you buy and in what order of priority.
Is it Food, Ammo, Guns, toilet paper, seeds, water. what is your list? just had that thought today after hearing Israel is close to taking care business.

I was going with the Israel/Iran issue and adding to my current supplies. I didn't think this was the usual top ten blah blah lists. :)

wholsomback
08-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I WOULD HAVE TO GET FOOD,SOME GOOD SCOTCH,AND LOTS OF COSMETICS CAUSE I HAVE 6 WOMEN IN MY HOUSE!Rick is right if they aren't happy your up the perverbial creek.

Rick
08-05-2012, 12:23 AM
You forgot your Bazinga!

Rick
08-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Shelby - Welcome home. I'm going to suggest you contact your county extension service and find out if they have a Master Gardener's class. They are usually one night a week for a couple of hours and last six weeks or so. Whether you desire to become a Master Gardener isn't necessary but the information you learn and the resources you will acquire are excellent.

Folks think they can just save seeds and be off to gardening but it isn't that simple. You want heirloom seeds planted that will not be subject to cross pollination with nearby plants. To collect seeds from those plants you will need to select disease free plants and know what needs to be done to salvage the seeds so they will be viable for next years crop. You'll need to know which seeds produce best for the location you live in and what hardiness zone that is. Those are just a very very few of the items that you will need to know if you want sustained seed production from your plants.

For the seeds you have, keep the labels. I store my seeds, labels and all, in a zip lock bag. Keep them in the refrigerator. Seeds like cool, dry air, which the refrigerator provides. Your seeds will remain viable if kept in the refrigerator for several years. You also want to know the botanical name for your plants. You don't have to remember it but write it down and keep it with your seeds (inside the zip lock). Common names vary from region to region. If you have a plant that does particularly well then you want to look for that EXACT plant and you'll want to know the botanical name for it. "Red pepper" probably won't get you what you want.

wtrfwlr
08-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Yes on the Co-Op courses. I have taken the Master Wildlifer and the Master Naturalist and they were both excellent. I wanted to take the Master Tree Farmer but for some reason it has been scratched for several years here? It is a more extensive course than the others so that may be the deal?

Rick
08-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Are you telling me the Master Tree Farmer class was trimmed? Are you saying they failed to branch out to cover it? That's sad (Bazinga!)

wtrfwlr
08-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Are you telling me the Master Tree Farmer class was trimmed? Are you saying they failed to branch out to cover it? That's sad (Bazinga!)

I think the problem may be more deeply rooted than that. It might be that some very shady nuts are trying to block out enough light so that there will be no young sprouts blossom? It also may be some lumberjack types that are chopping at the base. But hey, you know farmers they always have something to Bark about! Nothing but a bunch of saps in my book! I think the people on that board cannot see the forest for all the trees? All they do is Mill around like a bunch of knotheads failing to see that the cross section now has a very narrow growth ring. But what can I do other than go against the grain? That would Rip right through the center Heartwood of the group. Might be better just to let the deadwood fall off so as not to get snagged in a deadfall.

**Oh yeah..........................Bazinga.

Rick
08-05-2012, 01:52 PM
My hat is off to you, sir.......(deep bow).....

wtrfwlr
08-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Ahh We gotta have a little fun along the way right!

Wisco
08-06-2012, 07:35 PM
To save on TP I would set up camp along a fast moving stream and stand about waist deep in it. I think you get the idea. I dont think I would need anything else.

crashdive123
08-06-2012, 08:28 PM
To save on TP I would set up camp along a fast moving stream and stand about waist deep in it. I think you get the idea. I dont think I would need anything else.

I know this was sort of a fantasy scenario. Please tell us that you normally bring TP or use leaves. Rivers and streams are not bathrooms. Actions like this is what causes others to get sick.

hunter63
08-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Nix on the cold stream......tend to tighten up the exhaust vents....if ya know what I mean.....takes a long time to thaw...

Tootsiepop254
08-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I MUST have TP! Leaves may work, but when TSHTF, its the little things that keep you sane and happy. My list?

Lots of amo for the 22
Extra fishing supplies
A new knife (I've been looking for a good reason to add to my collection - this seems like a good one)
Fuel
Candles (though as a practicing Pagan I have tons)
Altoids so I can use the tins to make char cloth for fire starting.
And I have to go with the boys on this one: Beer.
And a truckload of TP

I have about 3 years worth of edible seeds, lots of bottled water and canned and freezdried food, so I think I'm good there... For a while. Are we talking temporary or long term fan-hitting?

hunter63
08-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Seems like more than 10.... LOL, but Hey, you are the one counting, show me one person that won't try to hedge their bets if even just a tad.

Why ask for a beer, when you could ask for a beer truck....BOV DE-LUX...oh yeah and chips...

finallyME
08-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I'd buy more food, and a woodstove to put in the house.

Tootsiepop254
08-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Ooh, a thought... Antibiotics?

Tootsiepop254
08-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Ooh, a thought... Antibiotics?

old2531
02-26-2013, 08:21 PM
ok guys this may be a bit out there but no.1 on my list is making sure i have a second pair of eyeglasses (perscription sunglasses) if u cant see what your shooting at your just waisting your weapon and ammo

Rick
02-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Yeah and yelling at the bad guys tends to give your position away.

"Hey! Can you come closer? I can't see you.....Closer.....keeping coming.......keep coming.....Okay. Stop right there. Say cheese."

endurance
02-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Assuming I have everything that I already have, I'd focus on cooking oils, batteries, gasoline, and other things that are hard to store in large quantities because their shelf life is limited.

If I'm starting from scratch, I'll focus on water purification/filtration, beans, rice, pasta, cooking oil, dry milk, canned veggies, vitamins, batteries, flashlights, a shortwave radio, FRS or CB radios, and a used Marlin model 60, if I have the time/ability to find one. If I knew I could use the internet to order stuff, I'd add in antibiotics (fish antibiotics), and some cheap 2m Chinese ham radios instead of the FRS radios.