PDA

View Full Version : A new book...

Sarge47
07-17-2012, 01:34 AM
This book should be here tomorrow, then I will study it and post a review:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1440318743/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01 :nod:

el-amigo
07-17-2012, 02:24 AM
I looked inside, it seems good. I am looking forward your review.

Sarge47
07-17-2012, 04:55 PM
The book came today and I'm in the process of reading it. So far I really like what I see. The author, Creek Stewart, "teaches disaster preparedness to individuals, corporations, non-profit groups and government agencies across the United States. He owns Willow Haven Outdoor, (willowhavenoutdoor.com,) a leading survival and preparedness training facility in Central Indiana." (from the back cover.)

I swear that this guy has been using WSF for a lot of his stuff, as well as looking over some of our shoulders...well, maybe. Anyway everything in the book is well organized and easy to read and understand. It appears to be a very comprehensive teaching on the subject and most people, even the most experienced among us, can most likely take something away from it with them.

Here's a bit that I thought was a great way of saying something that I've been saying all along so naturally it caught my attention: "Disasters do not create ideal survival environments. If survival were easy and fun it would be called camping."

More later on. :detective:

Sarge47
07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Okay, 1st read through and here's my take. Creek Stewart certainly knows his stuff! I know that we have a lot of experienced people here that know all about BOBs and what to do with them. However, Mr. Stewart has taken that into consideration. He has organized his chapters by having each one deal with a certain component of the BOB, then he breaks it down further into 3 groups: Most experienced; medium experienced, and new-comer to the idea. Something for everybody! I even picked up on some new ideas, and that is what I was looking for. He even includes a free PDF download at the end of the book so you can print out an intensive 5 page BOB inventory list! His organization of the topic at hand is fantastic! If you don't think you can use this book you might find somebody else you know that could...and it would make a great gift! There is a major difference between a BOB and a survival bag, and Mr. Stewart teaches that difference. A great resource to have when you might need it the most! :cool2:

Rick
07-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the review. It looks like a good book. It's always good to look at another perspective to see what you can gain.

el-amigo
07-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Thank you for the review. You gave me a good idea for a Christmas present to myself.

natertot
07-19-2012, 09:39 AM
This has my attention! I may have to pick it up in a little while, after I get caught up on a few more things.:clover: