PDA

View Full Version : Homework assignment #2

Sarge47
07-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Okay boys and girls, your next assignment will not, hopefully, be as dangerous as the previous one. You need to learn about, and use, your compass; 1st all by itself, next with a map! I'm sure that even the Newbies know better than to show up on this site without both a big-arsed knife and a compass! Here's your study material, go for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI-dTsi5nhQ&feature=related :thumbup1:

tipacanoe
07-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks for posting this Sarge, it was very good. I do need a little brush up for sure.

NightShade
07-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Good idea Sarge! In my experience, they all have a compass... But FEW know how to use it.

Old GI
07-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Yeah, sure. Just make sure your cell phone has GPS (he said tongue planted firmly in cheek). Sarge: You're so right. To maintain a really high level of land navigation expertise, it does take practice. Thanks for another good one.

Rick
07-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Okay. I guess I fail. I'm using my smart phone right now. I'm hopelessly lost and need directions. I dropped my compass some place. Good thing I have a knife!

Sarge47
07-17-2012, 02:47 PM
I had a smart phone once, but it smarted off to me just once to often and it soon found out that it and lake water don't mix! :boxer: