PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson 22a Table Top Review Video

Wingman
07-11-2012, 03:01 AM
In this video I review the Smith & Wesson 22a .22 cal pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aMuuQs_YLg

shaner
07-11-2012, 04:42 AM
nicely done , good info.!

Wingman
07-11-2012, 07:46 AM
nicely done , good info.!
Thank You for watching.

kyratshooter
07-11-2012, 10:40 AM
I bought one for the competition at the local club. This is the first .22 pistol I have purchased in 40 years. I do not consider a .22 pistol anything other than a toy and have had no need for one until I got back into organized shooting.

I am seriously considering getting an extra barrel due to shooting two types of matches with the same pistol. I am shooting rimfire steel plate and rimfire metallic silhouette.

I find I need a scope for the silo matches and a red dot for the steel shoots. I could mount one on each barrel and swap barrels for the different matches.

I have the 5 1/2" barrel and using the scope, off sandbags, all the shots go into a huge ragged hole at 25 yards. That leaves me little wiggle room when I miss because I know it is not the ammo or the gun, bad shooting with this gun is my own fault.

Wingman
07-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I bought one for the competition at the local club. This is the first .22 pistol I have purchased in 40 years. I do not consider a .22 pistol anything other than a toy and have had no need for one until I got back into organized shooting.

I am seriously considering getting an extra barrel due to shooting two types of matches with the same pistol. I am shooting rimfire steel plate and rimfire metallic silhouette.

I find I need a scope for the silo matches and a red dot for the steel shoots. I could mount one on each barrel and swap barrels for the different matches.

I have the 5 1/2" barrel and using the scope, off sandbags, all the shots go into a huge ragged hole at 25 yards. That leaves me little wiggle room when I miss because I know it is not the ammo or the gun, bad shooting with this gun is my own fault.

I would love to shoot steel targets with this gun their just a ton of fun to shoot.

kyratshooter
07-11-2012, 03:46 PM
I would love to shoot steel targets with this gun their just a ton of fun to shoot.

There are a dozen guys at my club that own the 22A. Most of them have reflex sights on top. Our club shoots plates each Wednesday night from 4-8pm. It is very informal and new shooters are accepted and encouraged. We always start the newbies on the .22A. Some of the young guys bring ther GFs for a "shooting date" which usually winds up with the guys looking sideways at their GF asking

"Where did you learn to do that?"

the reply is normally

"This is Kentucky fool, Daddy taught me to do that when I was 10!"

I watched a true first time shooter, a pitete 19 year old young lady, accept one of the 22a pistols with reflex sight from one of the geezers on the line. Her only instructions were; "Keep both eyes open, put the dot on the target and pull the trigger when you hear the beep."

3.7 seconds latter she held the club record for cleaning ten plates at ranges from 12-25 yards!

hunter63
07-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Females listen when you tell them something.......tell them it shoots to the right about an inch, so hold to the left....and they will.
Tell the guys that, they say, yeah sure,.... then procede to shoot to the right till they figure it out for them selves.......just the way it is.