PDA

View Full Version : Notifications (incoming friend request)

jmarshnh
06-27-2012, 03:43 PM
In the top right of my page, next to my user name, there is a notification option with a dropdown list. I have one notification
and it is for an "incoming friend request" from someone I do not know and could not find in the member list (sogeking25). An option to accept or reject this person is available but no matter what I do I can not get rid of that thing. Maybe I am doing something wrong, so will someone
explain what to do? Thanks
Jim

crashdive123
06-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Two things -
1 - You are not finding them on the member list because he has less than 10 posts. Members with less than 10 posts do not appear on the "list". It's all part of the anti-spam stuff. The member that sent you a request is probably sending them to folks that responded to his intro http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?19485-Newbie-from-the-Philippines

2- If you check the little box for that member before you hit accept or reject then that will complete the action and your notification will go away.

jmarshnh
06-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the info crash. Did just what you said and POOF it was gone. Learn something every day
Jim

Rick
06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
We're pretty good on the POOF stuff.