PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Cut Finger! *Picture Included*

GiLLiGaNN
06-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Its healing very slow. Due to the cut being right on the bend. Still having a lot of nerve pain from where the nerve ends are trying to re-connect. No feeling in the tip of my finger.

hunter63
06-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah, those things take time.....at least it is healing.
Have you talked about the feeling loss with a DR?

karatediver
06-26-2012, 11:26 AM
When I cut my thumb it took over a year to get most of the feeling back. It still is numb in some places. I know it sucks to wait but there is nothing else you can do but wait.

Eastree
06-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Don't completely fear; nerve regrowth is roughly an inch per year. It's partly why some injuries take a significantly long time. I won't say don't see a doctor; if you're concerned it's worth the trip. I just mean it may take a while.

1stimestar
06-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Put some ointment on that sucker! Sorry, it needs to stay supple and ointment will help that. Good luck.

Rick
06-27-2012, 05:55 AM
You can rub it with Vitamin E or Aquaphor by Eucerin. It will keep it supple and reduce scarring. Perhaps you are past the point of flexing causing the wound to reopen but if not you might consider splinting it until you get some underling skin growth. The ointment will help with the reopening as well since it will allow the skin to stretch. Apply morning and evening. Here's a linky on what Aquaphor is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaphor