PDA

View Full Version : Survival Situation

crashdive123
06-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Often times the word survival is over used, or at least no very descriptive of a situation. We (members here) are very fortunate for the most part in where we live. Most of the members here are from North America with several others from Europe. There are a smattering of members from other parts of the world. While many of our lifestyles are different, in most cases we have choices. This is not to say that hardship does not befall anybody, or that we are immune to difficult times because of where we live.

Most times these are temporary situations that require a period of adjustment. Maybe things will return to the way we remember, but sometimes they do not. As we adapt to these situations we go on living our lives. As we adapt to these situations we establish a new normal way of life for us. Sometimes these changes are caused by financial issues, while others may be health related. This is not to say that something tragic and final can befall anybody - anywhere.

If you have a few minutes and want to read about a survival situation that was a long term situation.... http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/escape_from_a_north_korean_prison_camp.html

With the lifestyles that we live it is sometimes difficult to fathom that things like this do take place in today's world.

Rick
06-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Stories like these have existed forever I suppose. Imprisonment for political reasons has occurred world wide and continues today. Even if not imprisoned places like refugee camps scattered throughout Europe, the Middle and Far East, Africa, Central and South America provide only a subsidence living in many cases. Not to mention the sex slave industry. Truly tragic.

http://millionsoulsaware.org/

Wildthang
06-14-2012, 05:28 PM
After reading that, it reminds me of how luxurious I live compared to people like that. We are all fortunate to be Americans!

hunter63
06-14-2012, 05:37 PM
After reading that, it reminds me of how luxurious I live compared to people like that. We are all fortunate to be Americans!

That's a true statement if I ever heard one.......

Thanks for the post Crash........

hikingpeter
06-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the post. I have either no words, or a million words, and most of those would be profane...

BENESSE
06-14-2012, 11:10 PM
It is heart-breaking and humbling what some human beings still endure and overcome.