PDA

View Full Version : Free fishing weekend!

Sarge47
06-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Fish without a license or stamp from today, the 8th, through Monday, the 11th! I got my new vest today, loaded it up, grabbed my new fly rod, and headed for one of two Illinois lakes that are close by, about 20 minutes away! Caught some small Blue Gill, but had a lot of fun doing it! :thumbup:

Winter
06-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Anywhere or just in your hellhole. err...neck of the woods?

Sarge47
06-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Anywhere or just in your hellhole. err...neck of the woods?
Every State has a Free Fishing Weekend, most are only for two days and some have already passed. If you Google "Free fishing weekend for 2012 by State" you can find a list. :cool2:

Winter
06-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Most people here buy a yearly ASAP.lol

Rick
06-09-2012, 06:43 AM
I think it's a very good program. While I, too, purchase a yearly combo fishing and hunting license it offers the chance for many who have not tried fishing to do so without investing any money. A lot of kids and young adults that may have never fished before have the opportunity to do so for a week-end. Some will enjoy it and be motivated enough to begin purchasing licenses, which benefits all of us by adding funds into the flora and fauna coffers.

Good post, Sarge.

tipacanoe
06-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Maine has two weekends a year, one for ice fishing in February and one for open water, that was last weekend I believe. It does give people 16 and over who don't know if they would like fishing or not a chance to see what it is like, and I think it is especially true for women. I had back surgery yesterday afternoon, and won't be using my fly rods any time soon, even though the doctor said he thinks next week. I hope he is right.

Sarge47
06-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Maine has two weekends a year, one for ice fishing in February and one for open water, that was last weekend I believe. It does give people 16 and over who don't know if they would like fishing or not a chance to see what it is like, and I think it is especially true for women. I had back surgery yesterday afternoon, and won't be using my fly rods any time soon, even though the doctor said he thinks next week. I hope he is right.

Keeping you in my prayers bro. I haven't got my license yet, but I will in a few weeks when I turn 65 as then it will be half price for me! Who says becoming a "senior" is a bad thing? :laugh:

Rick
06-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Tipacanoe - Good luck in the healing process. I hope this solves your problems for good! Follow the advice of the physical therapy folks if you get sent to them for PT. They are miracle workers in my book.....if you do what they tell you to.

crashdive123
06-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Hope you recover quickly Tipacanoe. I checked into the ice fishing requirements here and this is all I could find.

http://products.familyleisure.com/f/Pool-Supplies-Ice-Boat-Cooler-6358.jpg

Batch
06-09-2012, 06:50 PM
I get the Gold sportsman license and it covers "Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits".

I used to get them as needed. But, each license is required to be carried. So, I ended up with a wallet full of licenses that expired at all different times.

Still, it is nice to see most states giving some free time.