PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

Lost Lebowski
02-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi All ! I'm a Physician Assistant practicing ER and Internal Medicine in Maine. I have 3 degrees including a BS in Biology and an MS in Medicine. Whoopty do right? Anyway I have always been drawn to spend my time in the outdoors. My first extended wildernesss experience was a 4 week hiking and canoing trip in the Adirondacks at age 14. I've been riding western since I was 8 and alpine and nordic skiing since age 12. I did outward bound in the minnesota boundary waters at age 15 and from then on I have been on at least one long backcountry trip each summer. I am now 36 years old. As my handle implies my favorite movie is the "Big Lebowski". In my early 20's I was an army MP and put myself through undergrad and grad school through military tuition waivers and working full time high rise construction in boston on swing staging and going to community college full time at night to get an associates. I was deployed to Kuwait in DS1 for 6 months with the Army 972nd MP co. I was a corporal and a team leader. I got my honorable DC before going to BNOC to go to college. I went to UMASS Amherst for my BS and the Univ of NewEngland in Maine for grad school. I now live in Portland Maine and spend anywhere from 50-100 days in the backcountry and on backpacking trips each year. I have an increadible schedule that gives me 2 weeks off every 8-10 weeks! Have travelled extensively but still have many places to see and experience. I enjoy hiking, rock and ice climbing, winter sports such as skiing and snowshoing and winter camping as well as summer sports canoing kyaking, fly fishing, and hunting in the fall. I also run, train with weights, road and mountain bike and live 4 blocks from the atlantic ocean in beautiful Casco Bay. I am also an UFC MMA fanatic Randy Coutoure is my hero! Hope I can kick butt like that when I am 46 yrs old!

nell67
02-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the forum Lost

Beo
02-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Welcom aboard.

trax
02-25-2008, 12:59 PM
The Dude...good choice in movies. Welcome aboard, we gonna get along fine.

Rick
02-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Welcome home!

crashdive123
02-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Hello and welcome.

hillbilly1987
02-25-2008, 05:43 PM
welcome to the forums

Sarge47
02-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the Wolf-Pack, "Double L", I also saw the movie you're talking about but don't share your opinion of it. I just bought a used copy of one of the best, in my opinion, that just came out on DVD in the last few months titled: "Rescue Dawn". However I don't think that I would ever name myself after any movie, TV show, etc. as I outgrew that back in the days of "BillyJack".
You might remember that film where good old BJ taught the white man peace from the end of his boot!:rolleyes:

launchpad
02-27-2008, 09:47 PM
new shooter

Rick
02-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Welcome Launchpad. Care to tell us a little about yourself. I'm not sure what you mean by new shooter.

BraggSurvivor
02-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome to WSF

Lost Lebowski
02-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks all for a very warm welcome