PDA

View Full Version : Survival in the russian forest

volnomuvolya
05-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Hello!
My name is Oleg i'm from Russia.
I live in the Ural. I like go to the russian forest: Taiga. Like go to the Ural mountains. And very interested survival in the wild nature. But I bad understand English, sorry:cowboy:. I want to share my articles about my adventure in Taiga and indonesian jungle on the island.
In future I want to move on the tropical uninhabited ilsand in the Pacific Ocean )) I would like to live as Robinson Cruso)

Be pleased to answer your questions about russian forest.
Thank you all !!!

ClayPick
05-13-2012, 07:10 AM
I have always had a list of things to do and places to go. The Primorye and seeing the big cats in their last stronghold has always been near the top of the list.

randyt
05-13-2012, 07:13 AM
the russian forest is a beautiful place. Tell me about chaga.

volnomuvolya
05-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Chaga is a mushroom that grows on birch. His concoctions improve the gastrointestinal tract. They treat many diseases, even to cancer. It tastes bitter, so I add sugar. I like to drink a decoction of Chaga with branches of fir
Do you gather cedar nuts? In US or Canada grow cedars? They are very useful healthy and they have a lot of useful substances.

randyt
05-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Nice, I gather chaga around here. I use it for tea and for catching a spark for lighting a fire. How do you prepare it for tea?

I'm not familiar with cedar nuts. I have white cedar growing around here.

hunter63
05-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Looks like true tinderfungus?
http://www.wildwoodsurvival.com/survival/fire/tinder/tinderfungus/true.html

Rick
05-13-2012, 07:42 PM
That's what I was thinking when I saw it. I've never heard it called chaga, though.

crashdive123
05-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Yep - true tinder fungus is chaga or Inonotus obliquus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inonotus_obliquus RWC1969 did several videos on it.

ClayPick
05-14-2012, 05:51 AM
I think what you call a cedar nut would be a pine cone to us. Siberian cedar is not part of the North American forest but it does get planted as an ornamental tree and is much like our pine trees. What I call cedar is eastern white cedar. It has little food value. Cedar Nut is something I will try if I can find it.