PDA

View Full Version : Sometimers' disease....again

kyratshooter
05-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Did anyone see what I did with that roll of chicken wire I took out of the Jeep this morning?:arabia:

hunter63
05-09-2012, 02:16 PM
....probably still sitting next to the check out counter, next to the bag of grass seed I bought this morning........

Sourdough
05-09-2012, 02:20 PM
You can't see it because RICK put his Camo thong on it to dry after swimming this morning.

BENESSE
05-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Did anyone see what I did with that roll of chicken wire I took out of the Jeep this morning?:arabia:

You put it in a highly visible place to remind yourself to do something with it later.

intothenew
05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
The Beaver took it.

kyratshooter
05-09-2012, 04:29 PM
You put it in a highly visible place to remind yourself to do something with it later.

Yep, I found it!

I had put it in the chicken house so it would be where I needed it.

I bought an extra 25 feet to make a small run for the girls. Their tractor cage is only 4x8. This gives them an aditional triangle 8 feet on each side to play in. It is a portable yard to go with their portable house. They think they are in the big yard now, strutting around, scratching, pecking and chasing bugs like a bunch of Boy Scouts.

crashdive123
05-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Glad you found it. I was going to suggest looking next to the poles for the big tent.:innocent:

hunter63
05-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah, my bag of grass seed was right where I left it, they put it aside for me.....that's what I get for answering my phone in the middle of checking out....and the mind takes off in a different direction......Lookie.... the shinny nickle....

Old GI
05-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I wanted to say something. Now where did I put that reply button?

Rick
05-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I spent about 10 minutes looking around Walmart for the sunglasses I left in the truck this afternoon. (sigh)

BornthatWay
05-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Just think of the time we have to get more done if we weren't always looking for what we just put down.

Wildthang
05-10-2012, 12:10 PM
I hope we dont all forget our passwords, well never see each other again!:scared:

kyratshooter
05-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Glad you found it. I was going to suggest looking next to the poles for the big tent.:innocent:

Yep, this has been going on for some time has it not!

All hope is lost!

But I never forget what I went to the LGS for, only the insignifigant stuff like food, shelter and chicken wire.

After finding the wire I ran into the additional problem of having to relocate the wire-cutters, hammer and bailing wire I had put down somewhere so I could look for the chicken wire. That took another 15 minutes.

As for remembering passwords, I have no idea what my password on this site is! I stay logged on perpetually. I can not remember the last time I had to use my password.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
05-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Down south....The ole' lady lost the brand spankin' new garden sprinkler. I finally suggested using the old one, yep still works just fine, go figure.

crashdive123
05-10-2012, 09:24 PM
I lost a 3/32" carbide drill bit the other day. I spent a few minutes looking for it and was starting to question my sanity. I thought to myself ---- I had just taken it out of the drill press so it can't be too far. As I began to retrace my steps I realized it was still in my hand. Must have left it there for safe keeping.

Rick
05-10-2012, 10:38 PM
I for one believe the chickens moved the chicken wire and possibly the wire-cutters and hammer. Chickens are like that. They will do stuff while you're not looking and then act all innocent. Do you have a cat around there? There's something about cats and bailing wire. You can't set a roll down without them cartin' it off. Oh, and don't let the cat around your computer. He'll erase all your stored passwords!

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/21/128770540679649173.jpg

shiftyer1
05-11-2012, 01:37 AM
I've been thinking about building a run myself. I generally free range but this year I have 3 grown and 20 half grown birds and i'm not ready to let them out yet. Want to make for sure they know where home is.

The funny part is that today at work I was looking for a roll of chicken wire I know I saw layin somewhere, we have no use for it at work so I was thinkin about putting it to work.

kyratshooter
05-11-2012, 01:49 AM
My chicks were a month old yesterday.

They are growing fast and are feathered out nicely. Real pretty little birds.

They are training well too. If I wait for dark and turn their light on inside the chicken house they all go inside and climb on their little root poles under the lights to stay warm. I just close the door behind them.

I was thinking about how much smarter chickens are then human kids;
They go inside when you turn the light on for them.
They do not mind being locked inside and told when they can go out.
They never talk back, although the rooster gave me the stink eye the other day.
They are always glad to see me when I go in the pen, espically with feed.
They never complain about the same food day after day.
If I do not feed them they scratch around and find something on their own.

hunter63
05-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah, and when they really get on your nerves, chop off their heads and eat'em.........

Rick
05-11-2012, 03:30 PM
They go inside when you turn the light on for them.
They do not mind being locked inside and told when they can go out.
They never talk back, although the rooster gave me the stink eye the other day.
They are always glad to see me when I go in the pen, espically with feed.
They never complain about the same food day after day.
If I do not feed them they scratch around and find something on their own.

Sadly, you've just described me.

Durtyoleman
05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
passwords are easy to remember if you use word association where another word reminds you of the password...but then you gotta remember that word and have a word to associate with it ad nauseum....
D.O.M.

hunter63
05-14-2012, 05:24 PM
passwords are easy to remember if you use word association where another word reminds you of the password...but then you gotta remember that word and have a word to associate with it ad nauseum....
D.O.M.

What?.....Why?....Who?....Huh?
I like to use the password........IHNFIdea

Rick
05-14-2012, 05:29 PM
It's just fortunate that there is a "Reset Password" option on most sites. That was probably invented by a programmer over 55.

hunter63
05-14-2012, 05:36 PM
I just used the IHNFIdea password today.......cable company upped my bill $50 bucks, so in the process of dropping all of it....guy, (I think)....says Whats your password? so I use that one...bingo!

Sparky93
05-15-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm only 19 and I already have some timers disease lol I put a straight pipe on my tuck today, took me about 30 minutes about 10 of which were spent trying to figure out where I set this or that down at lol

Don't you hate when you walk into a room to get something and your mind goes blank and you think what the heck did I come in here to get....

crashdive123
05-15-2012, 07:07 AM
......Don't you hate when you walk into a room to get something and your mind goes blank and you think what the heck did I come in here to get....

Look at it like this.......every time you do, you can enjoy a new experience.