PDA

View Full Version : USMC MSS 4-piece sleeping system for sale

MCBushbaby
05-07-2012, 10:24 PM
USMC M.S.S. (Modular Sleeping System)

Authentic USMC, Natick tags. Includes Goretex Bivvy, Patrol bag (green), Intermediate bag (black), and compression stuff sack. Used lightly for a few years - no rips, tears, stains, modifications, damage of any kind other than maybe a few scuffs on underside of Goretex bivvy. Heavy duty YKK zippers, bomb-proof (hyperbole) fabric and construction. Made for our boys so you know it'll hold together in the bush. Why am I selling? I've gone ultralite - still into survival - but I have new equipment that replaces this (more in the mind, less on the back). Pictures available upon request. Asking $60 + shipping.
Located in Los Angeles for local pick up as an option. Cheers
Picture album uploaded here: http://imgur.com/a/W0BxZ#0
[B]UPDATE (May 19): SOLD[

intothenew
06-06-2012, 08:28 AM
I received the bags yesterday. As advertised, they are in like new condition. I must admit to being a bit hesitant on this transaction, sending funds to an individual, awaiting that to clear, then awaiting shipment. But, things worked out great. I want to let those that may wish to deal with MCBushbaby in the future, this was a satisfying transaction.

Jimmyq
06-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Nice. Too bad for me that I wasnt quite at this forum when it was posted up, I have the same setup I bought online a couple years ago and for the price I would have tried to buy up this one for my wife.

hayshaker
12-30-2014, 10:50 AM
i have 2 mss bags plus a xtra bivysac. awesome bags indeed.

Ralph Rotten
02-21-2016, 01:37 PM
I already have a ECWS bag. Hope you sell that thing to a good home.

Be sure that when you store it you keep it lair out or hanging in the closet. Leaving a quality bag like that compressed will ruin the hollowfill. Always unpack it when you get home.

hunter63
02-21-2016, 05:51 PM
I gonna guess he won't see you message he hasn't been around since 05-19-2012, his last post.....
He had also posted that it was sold.

Ralph Rotten
02-21-2016, 06:07 PM
I gonna guess he won't see you message he hasn't been around since 05-19-2012, his last post.....
He had also posted that it was sold.

The advice still stands. Most people erroneously store their bags in compression sacks and it is actually bad for them. Worse yet when you do it to a nice bag like that ECWS.