PDA

View Full Version : Shooting The Sling Bow In Slow Motion Video

Wingman
04-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Here's a short video I shot with my GoPro Hero 2 set at 120 fps to capture a arrow being shot out of a Chief AJ HFX Slingshot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJcvTKM3X0o

Sparky93
04-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Cool video, so by the looks of it, by the the time the fletching reaches the rest the slingshot has rotated enough in your hand so that it doesn't make contact with the rest tearing up your fletching?

Wingman
04-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Cool video, so by the looks of it, by the the time the fletching reaches the rest the slingshot has rotated enough in your hand so that it doesn't make contact with the rest tearing up your fletching?
Your right. I haven't noticed any tears on the fletching at all. So when I studied the video in slow motion it was clear with my arm pushing forward holding the slingshot in place by the time the fletching gets to the arrow rest there is just enough clearance to keep it from hitting. I does not effect shot placement at all.

CBob
10-20-2012, 04:09 AM
I have one of Chief AJ slingshots, OK to shoot arrows, but for hunting one of Madison Parker's is the way to go, that an .50 cal lead shot.

dragon383
10-20-2012, 01:05 PM
i think i need one of them! i had a regular sling shot growing up and got pretty accurate with it, knocking pigeons off my roof. id love to go turkey hunting with one of these!

hunter63
10-20-2012, 07:37 PM
One of the first Dave C vid's I ever watched was his sling bow vid........so of course I had to try it.....was not impressed by speed power, or penetrating distance, with a field tip.
I consider this a interesting concept, but really practical.......
I would sooner just use the slingshot as a slingshot with lead or steel balls, or smooth stones.

Willie
11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
I have a Chief AJ sling bow and love it. Real accurate with a little practice. Its not made to shoot arrows 30 or 40 yards but with it coming in at less than a pound you dont even know its in your pack.