PDA

View Full Version : Have trapping skills been toned down on for the internet?

Wise Old Owl
04-24-2012, 09:56 PM
I was watching an episode of survival and just to be really clear - most "survival shows" display failure rather than a dead animal and success. Recently a pungy stick on a trip wire for small game was used on a show. Yea I know its just TV..
But Google drawings of trapping and this stick doesn't appear in most images.

Example:

7596 Do you feel the stuff on the internet has been toned down for Peta folk?

Rick
04-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Nothing is toned down for no one. Did you miss hunting hippos with an arrow? PETA pee'd themselves over that one.

Wise Old Owl
05-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Peta in NY has big issues... I have a story/

Sparky93
05-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Personally I'm a big PETA fan (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Winter
05-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Currently, and locally, the fish and game seem to have a pretty good grasp of population, so, I'm gonna trust them even though I have no choice.

Feds down south have failed utterly in game control. Towns are overrun with deer, pigs, cougar.

Kody113
05-19-2012, 06:10 PM
I was watching an episode of survival and just to be really clear - most "survival shows" display failure rather than a dead animal and success. Recently a pungy stick on a trip wire for small game was used on a show. Yea I know its just TV..
But Google drawings of trapping and this stick doesn't appear in most images.

Example:

7596 Do you feel the stuff on the internet has been toned down for Peta folk?

I would say that it all depends on your resource. I try to find a reliable set of resources that you check with constantly. I am not saying to limit yourself to a select few, but rather make sure the resource you are using is credible and uncensored. I learn something new every day in the field of self reliance and bush crafting, but i do also double check the functionality and credibility of everything that i learn.