PDA

View Full Version : Going to Town

kyratshooter
04-24-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm heading out the door to town, anyone need anything?

I'm not going back for another week so speak now and don't tell me what you needed as soon as I get back!:thumbs_up:

crashdive123
04-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm good. Thanks for the offer.

Wildthang
04-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Bring back some purdy weemenz!

Darkevs
04-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Oh God..have you left yet????

I have the munchies really bad and could use a small bag of Cheezies! :) I crave junk food...........

I cannot get to town for a couple of weeks...................

Rick
04-24-2012, 04:27 PM
I need some...no, I've got that. How about....naw, picked those up yesterday. Tell you what. If you like it get it and we'll settle up when you get back. You...uh....you don't plan on drinkin' all this beer in your fridge do you? I'll keep an eye on it while your gone.

kyratshooter
04-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Sorry Rick, the beer is 8 months old. I've been on a low carb diet and that was in there when I started. Same for the munchies and Cheese-its, those are all stale too. I have not eaten a donut, potato chip or slice of bread since September.

I am down 50 pounds since September. Crash will probably not recognize me at the next gathering of the reprobates.

I did get fresh brocoli, carrots, aspargus and some frozen stir fry veggies. Stopped at the meat market and got some of their fresh ground beef and the sausage they make in house.

If the wind will die down some I will go fishing and there is a bunny in the back fence row that has been flirting with sudden death for several days now.

Rick
04-24-2012, 04:49 PM
(burp) Yeah, you're right. That beer was stale. I loaded the rest of it in my car so you don't have to mess with it.

Wildthang
04-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Awww heck, just bring me an ice cream cone with a double dip of chocolate:smartass:

hunter63
04-24-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm heading out the door to town, anyone need anything?

I'm not going back for another week so speak now and don't tell me what you needed as soon as I get back!:thumbs_up:

Don't forget to take your list........we make and keep adding stuff....Oh yeah....I needing 4- 12ft- 2x6's.... need to hang the canoes in the tractor shed.....

Rick
04-24-2012, 08:04 PM
That's not even funny. I sit down and make out a list and 3/4 of the way to town realize it's still sitting on the table at home.

Thaddius Bickerton
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Boy you sure do get to town often, been about a month since I went in.

But then it is spring so I go a tad more often right now.

natertot
04-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Well, since Rick stole all the blamed beer, wouldya mind pickin up s'more? You know that rick feller don't like to share none!

kyratshooter
04-24-2012, 10:38 PM
It's a religious thing with the beer, Rick's probably a Baptist.

You don't ever take just one Baptist fishing, he'll drink all your beer. If you take two Baptists fishing they will spend the whole time preaching at you over the evils of drink, but you get all the beer!

I've heard Mormons work the same way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that......

I currently attend a Methodist church simply because they bring their own beer.

Rick
04-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Catholic. You can drink all the beer you want. Just light a candle when you're done.

natertot
04-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah....I'm the Baptist. Southern though.....not conservative. It is okay to drink.....maybe....we have to vote on it first!:wine:

Rick
04-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Don't even get me started on the communion wine (hick).

hunter63
04-25-2012, 11:21 AM
A long time ago, and far, far away..... the good ol' boys had to wait till the beer was done....and it was good.......so they made another batch.........Civilization.

Thaddius Bickerton
04-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Beer, in the right moment, nectar of the Gods.

I tend to drink little these days, and when I do it is usually home brewed. I met this fellow who moved into one of the mcmansions over near Mom's land.

Turns out he is a chemical engineer. Brews his own and taught me a thing or two about it that made my muddy river water a whole lot better.

now I get with him and we turn out small batches or unusual or uncommon types of brews then we all have a sampling party.

A wonderful evening usually had by all in attendence.

(root beers , home made, for the youngen's.)

and always fresh well water for those who don't partake. Often turned into sweet tea, which is often described as the "house wine of the south" by those wimmin what have seen some movie that I forget the name of.

Beer, ya gotta love it.

Thad.

crashdive123
04-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Catholic. You can drink all the beer you want. Just light a candle when you're done.

Just don't do that after eating Mexican (the food, not the people). This is why the Mexican Navy does not have Submarines.

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad73/blacklicorice99/animated/explosion.gif

kyratshooter
04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
I used to tell my history classes that agriculture was invented so there would be a steady supply of beer, writing was invented to remember the recipe, and counting was invented so the bartender could keep up with your tab.

The high school kids just looked at you funny but the college kids caught on immidiately.

oldtrap59
04-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Even though we live only a few miles from a small town we try hard to hold the trips to once a week here. I have a route of places that I visit then to pick up used pallets and we do most of our needed shopping on that trip. Bout the only thing that makes another trip is something needed for a new project we're wooking on.

Oldtrap

hunter63
04-25-2012, 07:34 PM
I used to tell my history classes that agriculture was invented so there would be a steady supply of beer, writing was invented to remember the recipe, and counting was invented so the bartender could keep up with your tab.

The high school kids just looked at you funny but the college kids caught on immidiately.

Might have to "review a couple of histories" this evening....don't want them goin' bad, ya know?

Around here at "The Place",... Dump Day is on Wednesdays and a lot of the women including my neighbor lady complete their errands, then stop at the saloon for some history...while the guys are working or in the case of the neighbor lady, already at the saloon playing cards.
Kinda relaxed.....