PDA

View Full Version : Is it almost time?

Lobo Lone Wolf
04-16-2012, 02:57 PM
NH is really coming up in the world. This weekend we had 3 different incidents ending in shootings each with 2 to 3 victims. We rarely get that many in a month and they are usually in biggest city area of Manchester near Boston MA. The 3 this weekend were all in generally rural areas. I'm wondering if it's time to run for the hills.?

Lobo

Rick
04-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Yes.............

Thaddius Bickerton
04-16-2012, 04:24 PM
^^^

AYE Been time , and getting more timely all the time.

crashdive123
04-16-2012, 04:39 PM
I thought you already lived in the hills.

finallyME
04-16-2012, 04:46 PM
My timer just dinged. So, either it is time, .....or my dinner is done.

cowgirlup
04-16-2012, 07:23 PM
What were the other 2 besides the one in Greenland? I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Rick
04-16-2012, 07:51 PM
So, Thad. Are you saying that the time is timely or a timely time is all about time?

Wildthang
04-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Just keep your guns loaded and you'll be OK! It could have been a Meth war which normally doesn't last forever!

Lobo Lone Wolf
04-17-2012, 02:09 PM
What were the other 2 besides the one in Greenland? I guess I wasn't paying attention.

There was a shooting/suicide in Dalton and another shooting in Hinsdale.

Lobo

Lobo Lone Wolf
04-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I thought you already lived in the hills.

Yes I do but I think it's time to get further away from 'civilization' to a more civilized life in the remoter parts.

Lobo

Old GI
04-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Out here on the high plains, our idea of a crime wave is a drunk cowboy falling off his horse on a Friday night on the way back from a local watering hole or Walmart of course. Seriously, the local populace knows everyone out here on the prairie has guns and will use them. You have to be completely incoherent to try something in the ranches out here and that is dealt with accordingly.

kyratshooter
04-17-2012, 05:03 PM
last year my county had:
zero murders
zero rapes
3 assults
13 burgelries
3 auto thefts

20 miles across the River, just so far this year;

68 murders
238 rapes
2,100 roberies
1,229 assualts

they would not even post auto thefts

The urban horde refers to us as the "land of cul-de-sacs and cornfields".

Rick
04-17-2012, 08:52 PM
You really shouldn't go posting stuff like that. You know how folks are. When they find out the boys in Ohio are having so much fun they'll want the same thing. They'll probably start demanding fewer LEO, they will be a huge layoff, then the county will have excess money they won't know what to do with. There will be additional bridges built across the Ohio bringing more of those Ohio heathen into your state and before you know it the boys in Ohio will be posting stuff like:

last year my county had:
zero murders
zero rapes
3 assults
13 burgelries
3 auto thefts

20 miles across the River in Kentucky, just so far this year;

68 murders
238 rapes
2,100 roberies
1,229 assualts

Winter
04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
The problem is not in the quantity of shootings. The problem is who gets shot.

natertot
04-17-2012, 11:21 PM
they would not even post auto thefts

I could give you those numbers, but Rick would be going on about quinzutas or some darn thing.

Thaddius Bickerton
04-17-2012, 11:49 PM
So, Thad. Are you saying that the time is timely or a timely time is all about time?

Well there used to be a time when being timely was the way people acted all the time, then it became time, so no one seems to be acting in a timely manner thus time must be relative.

Lobo Lone Wolf
04-18-2012, 02:33 PM
There was a shooting/suicide in Dalton and another shooting in Hinsdale.

Lobo

Ah---Correction-add another shooting with 3 dead in Lancaster last nite (3am). Also an elderly woman's home was broken into while she slept through it. She's ok though. We have had a drastic rise in B & E's this month also. One home got hit 3 times this month.

This is VERY unusual for us.

Lobo

crashdive123
04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I guess I'm confused.......it happens from time to time.:innocent:

You've been living in a tent in the middle of the woods for the last six years. Is the tent close to town or is this just a general concern you have?

Rick
04-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks, Thad. You were very timely this time.

Wildthang
04-18-2012, 06:38 PM
You really shouldn't go posting stuff like that. You know how folks are. When they find out the boys in Ohio are having so much fun they'll want the same thing. They'll probably start demanding fewer LEO, they will be a huge layoff, then the county will have excess money they won't know what to do with. There will be additional bridges built across the Ohio bringing more of those Ohio heathen into your state and before you know it the boys in Ohio will be posting stuff like:

last year my county had:
zero murders
zero rapes
3 assults
13 burgelries
3 auto thefts

20 miles across the River in Kentucky, just so far this year;

68 murders
238 rapes
2,100 roberies
1,229 assualts

Send them up here and well get rid of them for ya!

Rick
04-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Drag your glasses out and brush 'em off. I said Ohio boys will be posting that. And I'm over yonder. Not down there. I'd have to send 'em your way or over there. If I send them up they'll wind up in Michigan and be lost for sure. You know how those Kentucky boys are when you get 'em out of the hollows.

Wildthang
04-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Drag your glasses out and brush 'em off. I said Ohio boys will be posting that. And I'm over yonder. Not down there. I'd have to send 'em your way or over there. If I send them up they'll wind up in Michigan and be lost for sure. You know how those Kentucky boys are when you get 'em out of the hollows.

I thought you were down yonder:confused:

Lobo Lone Wolf
04-19-2012, 12:58 PM
I guess I'm confused.......it happens from time to time.:innocent:

You've been living in a tent in the middle of the woods for the last six years. Is the tent close to town or is this just a general concern you have?

Yes I am in the town limits but I am well away from civilization. In New England towns are about 10 square miles and there isn't much left that isn't under some town control. I have lived in other areas of the country where you have 'unincorporated areas' between towns so I understand your question.

Overall across the northern New England states crimes like this are VERY rare.

Lobo

randyt
04-19-2012, 05:39 PM
If I send them up they'll wind up in Michigan and be lost for sure.

are you saying us michiganders are a bunch of heathens? LOL

Rick
04-19-2012, 06:53 PM
No I didn't. Must be a guilty consciousness. My reference was to Kentucky boys. But come to think of it. Kentucky, Michigan, oh, never mind.

You know you all can brag about your obnoxious little states. All I know is when I call to talk to God it's a local call. 'Nuff said.

Winter
04-19-2012, 08:58 PM
All I know is when I call to talk to God it's a local call. 'Nuff said.

He goes where He is most needed.

Rick
04-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah. He gave me a his card once. "Have Miracle, Will Travel". New York winning the Super Bowl pretty much confirms that. But then again he has box seats at Lucas Oil Stadium.

waukasha
04-24-2012, 11:02 AM
I think a person needs to constantly aware of their surrounding. Don't take anything for granted like: "It can't happen here where I live. or It will never happen to me." because it can at any time. It don't take much to get some people rouled up and then you never know what will happen.

kyratshooter
04-24-2012, 12:56 PM
You know how those Kentucky boys are when you get 'em out of the hollows.

It wasn't until I went off the college that I realized part of the world was not straight up and down and the sun did not rise at 10am and set at 3pm!

You also have to remember that most of Michigan is made up of Tennessee folks that got lost while working in the defense industry during WW2! I got relitives all over that state. the last one to head home is suposed to turn the lights out in Detroit.

It is a nice feeling to look out the door right at dark and see a little girl walking her dog or a kid riding their bike without fear here in rural KY. Reminds me of the good old days when I was a kid.

If God has no area code does he have a website?

Wildthang
04-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Whats the simularity's in a Kentucky divorce, and a Texas tornado? Somebody's going to lose a trailer house:smartass:

Rick
04-24-2012, 05:33 PM
If God has no area code does he have a website?

Yes, but it's against forum rules for me to post it. (I slay myself. I really do)

SARKY
04-24-2012, 06:00 PM
I thought you were in the hills!!!

Rick
04-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Somebody tell Sarky he needs to actually READ the posts. Read post 4 for cryin' out loud. He's always a day late and a dollar short. (If he ever takes me off ignore I'm in big trouble but this sure is fun).

Thaddius Bickerton
04-24-2012, 08:39 PM
No I didn't. Must be a guilty consciousness. My reference was to Kentucky boys. But come to think of it. Kentucky, Michigan, oh, never mind.

You know you all can brag about your obnoxious little states. All I know is when I call to talk to God it's a local call. 'Nuff said.

Rick, you did not post that you moved to Alabama. :-)

Rick
04-24-2012, 10:59 PM
No, no, no, no, no. Not gonna work. If he ever lived in Alabama he left when Wallace was governor and probably vowed never to return.