PDA

View Full Version : Fire Puck Field Review Video

Wingman
04-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Here's a video that I did on a new item called the Fire Puck. You might want to check this item out for your kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LabVJPv0cY&list=UU4bF-SK9pxPTEJsPFkURNNQ&index=1&feature=plcp

BornthatWay
04-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Certainly looks like a good product to carry.

Wise Old Owl
04-07-2012, 10:29 AM
interesting but I will stick to a knife and Esbit.

hunter63
04-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Cool product, sorta a small road flare....
Anyway, my attention span is about 2 and 1/2 min., just something to think about.......

ClayPick
04-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Other than the wrapper those pucks seem like they would be very manageable with frozen fingers. Six in. of snow here this morning and i have to go after a trail cam. It will make for a nice walk.

Wingman
04-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Goood luck with the trail cam. I hope you pick up some good photos.

ClayPick
04-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks, but i doubt it. I set it up on a brook just to see what might be moving through.

kyratshooter
04-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Wingman, I am learning how to watch your videos. I skip the first 7 minutes and go straight to the 30 second test, then shut it off.

They are road flares, $1.69 each at autozone.

Wingman
04-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Wingman, I am learning how to watch your videos. I skip the first 7 minutes and go straight to the 30 second test, then shut it off.

They are road flares, $1.69 each at autozone.
Thanks for watching even the last 30 seconds. LOL

finallyME
04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I wonder what the size, weight and burn time differences are compared to a road flare. Also, maybe the price difference.

Wingman
04-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I wonder what the size, weight and burn time differences are compared to a road flare. Also, maybe the price difference.

I will see if I can acquire a road flare to compare it to.

jake abraham
04-12-2012, 11:44 PM
thanks wingman for posting

Phaedrus
04-13-2012, 12:08 AM
They look good. The only issue I have is the cost. To order them online from Home Depot they work out almost $4 each before shipping. Say you order enough for free shipping; then they cost just over $3.80. At my local WM I can buy two packs of Orion flares for $4.88. These new ones burn five minutes each for just over $2.60, tax included. They look like a nice item but for the price I think the Orions are more appealing, and they claim to burn a fair bit longer.

They do look very compact, though. It's got that in its favor. It may be good for a survival fire kit if they're waterproof.

Wingman
04-13-2012, 01:11 AM
They look good. The only issue I have is the cost. To order them online from Home Depot they work out almost $4 each before shipping. Say you order enough for free shipping; then they cost just over $3.80. At my local WM I can buy two packs of Orion flares for $4.88. These new ones burn five minutes each for just over $2.60, tax included. They look like a nice item but for the price I think the Orions are more appealing, and they claim to burn a fair bit longer.

They do look very compact, though. It's got that in its favor. It may be good for a survival fire kit if they're waterproof.

I've been talking to the folks at Fire Puck quite a bit since I've done the review (and no I don't work or get any kickbacks from them I'm just a reviewer.). They are working on getting them into grocery stores. The first store chain is Fred Meyer. So you may see the price come down the more popular they get. They are also coming out with a new item in the near future that they want me to test and report back to them on. When that happens I will post a video. Thanks for watching and keep your eye out for this product I thinks its going to be everywhere once it catches on.

Wingman
04-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Cool product, sorta a small road flare....
Anyway, my attention span is about 2 and 1/2 min., just something to think about.......

Here's a bit of additional information to clear up a few things about the Fire Puck. The Fire Puck is made of eco-friendly organic materials. A road flare has toxic fumes due to the sulfur in it. So you could start your bbq charcoal with is and it would be fine.

Phaedrus
04-24-2012, 01:00 AM
If the 'Puck is fairly waterproof it might make a good addition to larger emergency/survival kits.

Wingman
04-24-2012, 01:40 AM
The folks at Fire Puck told me to put it in a ziplock bag to protect it from moisture. But man I must say when you strike it that bad boy fire's up!

Rick
04-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Wingman - I appreciate the video you did on this even though I don't think it's the right product for me. Not every test of field gear turns out positive and we often learn more from the negative tests than the positive ones. You probably saved some folks some money that might have otherwise purchased it and been disappointed. On the other hand, there may be those that think it's the bees knees and went out and bought it. So, good test or bad (depending on your view point), there's plenty to be learned and I appreciate you taking the time to make these.

Wingman
04-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Wingman - I appreciate the video you did on this even though I don't think it's the right product for me. Not every test of field gear turns out positive and we often learn more from the negative tests than the positive ones. You probably saved some folks some money that might have otherwise purchased it and been disappointed. On the other hand, there may be those that think it's the bees knees and went out and bought it. So, good test or bad (depending on your view point), there's plenty to be learned and I appreciate you taking the time to make these.
We all learn from each other. Thanks for the feedback.