PDA

View Full Version : What is your definition of a "Wooby"?

hunter63
04-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Brought up earlier, by intothenew, "Wooby"
http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?18099-What-is-the-most-ratty-piece-of-gear-that-you-still-use-regularity/page2 made referance to the "wooby", and as I have heard this trem more and more what y'all definition is?
Rick made kinda a scary referance.....so..?

I started using this term after the movie "Mr Mom" used it in reference to the kids "blanket or blanky" at rendezvous and in my circle of hunting buddies.
Used as a reference to anything that was 'warm, fuzzy, secure etc....and not only blankets, but "sweats', and even the electric baseboard heaters at "The place'....the cabin.

I have heard it used alot by vets, as a poncho liner, or shelter in the field...and seems to refer to the same type of reference as we started using years ago.

So what is y'all understanding of the term "Wooby"?

finallyME
04-04-2012, 02:50 PM
poncho liner.

Rick
04-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah, poncho liner for me too. I was just givin' him a bad time.

intothenew
04-04-2012, 03:55 PM
I guess I have already showed my cards. So, I'll comment on what makes a wooby woobier.

Woobiness is greatly increased if you construct the wooby, or receive it as a gift from a loved one. I prefer the latter, it adds layers of woobiness.

A wooby gets woobier every time you laugh in it. It gets woobier every time you see a clear night sky in it, every time you experience a cold morning fog in it. They get woobier with each drop of beer spilled on them, with every drop of chilli, and with every whiff of smoke (burnt hickory and bacon being especially woobilly). Good woobies take years to obtain, and decades to perfect.

So don't anyone fret if you don't have an answer, woobies are grown over time. They are not something that you can buy, they are something you earn.

This from an old woobler, that gots no more cause to lie.

hunter63
04-04-2012, 04:14 PM
LOL, that's kinda what i thought, as we did start using this trem years ago, with out any referance to a poncho liner, but more to explain the feeling you got....seems all great minds think alike.

Wildthang
04-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Good wilderness Mooyuks always pack a woobie!

SARKY
04-04-2012, 08:49 PM
is a wooby anything like jumblies?

kyratshooter
04-05-2012, 09:37 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wooby

Aurelius95
04-05-2012, 10:03 AM
My wife calls our one year old son a "boogie" as a term of endearment. I know, I know... However, when he was sick about a month ago, his personality changed - like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. I called his Mr. Hyde personality "Wooby", but not an endearing sort of way.

1stimestar
04-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Yep, poncho liner.

Wildthang
04-09-2012, 01:33 PM
I told the girls that I only like them for there Wooby's. I really dont know what they thought about that, but they laughrd at first then got real quiet:eek2:

Daniel Nighteyes
05-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Don't know about any of y'all, but issue poncho liners didn't quite cut it for me. (My current backside isn't nearly as ample as the rest of me because bits of it were frozen off at one time or another...)

Imagine, if you will, a "standard" poncho liner that has been enhanced by the stealthy substitution of real blanket material for the sh*t normally ensconced between the outer layers.

Now THAT, my friends, is a WOOBY!

-- Nighteyes (older than dirt, and twice as grubby)