PDA

View Full Version : Survival Knife and Hatchet Demonstration

Dwane Oliver
03-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Here is a demonstration video I made for the G6-CC ( Camp Combo ) Hatchet and Knife set

Fnt9W4a4s7M

Thanks for watching

Comments are welcome and appreciated

Dwane

pgvoutdoors
03-28-2012, 06:52 PM
I've used small hatchets in the field many times and find them very useful. Nice setup, good video, thanks for sharing.

Rick
03-28-2012, 07:11 PM
A job well done. Can you use the spine on that knife to draw a spark? I do mine backwards from you. Instead of pulling the firesteel toward me I drive the spine of the knife downward across the firesteel. You probably get a little better control doing it your way I would imagine.

hunter63
03-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Very cool, thanks for posting.
Maybe a wearable mic?

Winter
03-28-2012, 09:28 PM
I was wondering about the hatchet. You don't think about 2-4more inches of shaft would improve it and be worth the effort to carry?

I'm envious of the dry tinder, it's a chore on a good day to find here.

Thanks for the video.

Sparky93
03-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Cool set up and nice vid, I'm with Winter though, I like to have a little more handle. But what works for you works for me.

Dwane Oliver
03-29-2012, 12:15 AM
I was wondering about the hatchet. You don't think about 2-4more inches of shaft would improve it and be worth the effort to carry?

I'm envious of the dry tinder, it's a chore on a good day to find here.

Thanks for the video.

It might be worth it. It would make the cost go up by $20 is all.
I can make whatever a guy wants......if he's got enough money.

Winter
03-29-2012, 01:45 AM
I meant for you, and thereby for your customers. You are a feller that tests your stuff it seems.

It's a great, quality built combo setup. It may be worth your while to offer that option, or maybe you did in your last post.

Wingman
04-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Well done video. Does the sheath wear well on a belt and do you know the weight. I like the combo set idea I could attach it to a backpack for base camping. I do a lot of backpacking with the scouts.

Dwane Oliver
04-16-2012, 08:46 PM
It would wear ok I think , the Combo weighs in at 1 lb 10 OZ.....it can be made to accept Molle-Locks as well, it would work great on a pack.

Thanks
Dwane

Wingman
04-16-2012, 08:48 PM
It would wear ok I think , the Combo weighs in at 1 lb 10 OZ.....it can be made to accept Molle-Locks as well, it would work great on a pack.

Thanks
Dwane
I would wear it. It is lighter than my Tops Hawke's Hellion! LOL I like how it looks.

Winter
04-17-2012, 12:11 AM
I would wear it. It is lighter than my Tops Hawke's Hellion! LOL I like how it looks.
And a damn sight better in versatility.

tsitenha
04-23-2012, 02:21 PM
If you grind a flat on the spine of the knife (1" approx.), it will produce a sharp 90deg edge that you can use to stroke the ferro rod with. Save the cutting edge completely. As said before a slightly longer handle on the hatchet would go a long way to save energy. Well done otherwise.