PDA

View Full Version : Low Miles Classic Truck I will probably buy tomorrow!

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Curious what ya'll think It was an amazing find to me. Other than the details in the link. It has a warranty replacement GM installed 350 with paperwork 36K miles truck has 73K miles. 400 Turbo tranny, locking hubs. Stock 16" wheels. Light rust and a small area where the clearcoat is peeling. 2 owner truck all paperwork from day 1. I looked at it today.

http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/2860412096.html

nell67
03-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Not bad,for an '84 Chevy,LOL I wouldn't give that much for it though,but that's just me.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Not bad,for an '84 Chevy,LOL I wouldn't give that much for it though,but that's just me.

I've been looking around at the going rate for 2 months and you might be surprised to find out how rare a find like this is at this price. Obama crushed all of them he could get his hands on. Thing is I have a '99 Z71 and would rather have this '84. To me that speaks volumes.

hunter63
03-09-2012, 03:23 PM
One does wonder how come there is a newer motor in a truck w/73K on it?
Anyway the money is about right for any older 4X4 .....but I like it, it has a carb.... it looks like.

crashdive123
03-09-2012, 03:26 PM
It's more than I'd pay, but if it works for you then it works for me.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-09-2012, 04:01 PM
One does wonder how come there is a newer motor in a truck w/73K on it?
Anyway the money is about right for any older 4X4 .....but I like it, it has a carb.... it looks like.

Holley truck avenger carb, performer intake (both brand new). The plus for me is I have everything needed to convert it to throttle body fuel injection in my '87 blazer. As luck would have it, the '87 blazer has the same color scheme so matching door panels, chrome etc...He also has the original carb, intake, exhaust manifolds, everything. It was a farm only truck from WV. Guy struck me as the most honest man I have met in awhile. Another bonus is He has money a plenty and I will probably get to do some horse trading after the sale. He wants to build a Rock crawler and I am set up to build the motor for him and do any welding he needs. So far as the motor being a warrantied replacement inside of 40K miles. If a motor is not right I'd expect it to show up inside of 50K, so does GM, thus the warranty. I've been working on these Chevy trucks my entire life thanks to my now multimillionaire dad that now drives an '83 that is solid rust, with about the 5th rebuild in it. I built 6 motors with Dad when I started driving, still have the second one on a stand out back from a '77 camaro. That motor was in 5 vehicles and is still ready for another. I don't believe in talking an honest man down when he has given me a fair price and I believe he has. I'll be buying this truck and grinning ear to ear on the way to the DMV!

hunter63
03-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Cool, man........ Congrats.....
I like it.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Cool, man........ Congrats.....
I like it.

I am on cloud 9 about it, I was about to buy a '78 shortbed with 39.5 swampers. I am trying to keep a level head with my money. This will give the family a third vehicle and it'll be reminscent of my yester - years. My girls will be able to ride beside me!:serenade: and it will be paid for!

MrsCowboy
03-12-2012, 10:16 PM
You know what I would say..... well, let's just leave it at that.

kyratshooter
03-12-2012, 10:36 PM
In about a month your cloud 9 will evaporate. There is a good reason that rig is for sale.

Before the end of this summer you will wind up paying $120 per fillup at 8-10 MPG on $4-5+ per gallon gas.

That price is about double what that truck will bring here. Folks can not give away the old 350 powered pickups. No one can afford to drive them.

Sparky93
03-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Like the truck CS,More of a Ford man myself though. If you convert it over to EFI then you will probably bump up the MPG, right? It'd look good with about 3 inches of lift and some offset rims to give it a wider stance.

Once I get some money saved up I want to get a 2000- 03 F 250 with the 7.3 diesel. But it has to be a diesel, stick shift, 4x4....

BENESSE
03-13-2012, 08:14 AM
All I can comment on is the way it looks, and I like it.
However, Kyrat has made some good points. I suppose, once in a while you just have to go for something you want and get it out of your system.
I am always browsing and reading about cars and trucks even though I'll never get one as long as I live here. It's just a cheap sport for me.

jake abraham
03-13-2012, 09:38 AM
if it looks good to you it works for me ,enjoy

2dumb2kwit
03-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Around here, it really hard to find a nice used truck. What K-Rat said, is true for suburbans and expeditions, but not trucks.(Around here, I mean.)

Good find, Cowboy.

And BTW, I'm with S-93, on wanting a 2000-2003 4X4 F-250 w/7.3.

Sparky93
03-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Around here, it really hard to find a nice used truck. What K-Rat said, is true for suburbans and expeditions, but not trucks.(Around here, I mean.)

Good find, Cowboy.

And BTW, I'm with S-93, on wanting a 2000-2003 4X4 F-250 w/7.3.

I wish I had the money now, the other day I found this truck in Texas for 14K I think. Already lifted, can't remember the lift size. 7.3 diesel, and a manual transmission which are kind of hard to find...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-foknnGlIFYc/T1_7inKFpbI/AAAAAAAAAaI/oIcDb3vWFqo/w580-h435-k/pA_640.jpg

I'd add on some black black bushwacker fender flares, a black diamond plate tool box, a black powder coated bull bar on the front, and a good winch and this truck would be ready for anything! (plus some engine modifications....)

natertot
03-13-2012, 11:12 PM
I like the way you think Sparky!

hunter63
03-14-2012, 05:07 PM
4X4 trucks....you can never have enough, like tools, guns, trailers, boats.......

Rick
03-14-2012, 06:18 PM
I've been thinking about an electric 4X4 but I just don't know if I can afford the extension cord on the back.

http://www.alasher.com/inventory_images/tn_244.jpg

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-14-2012, 06:58 PM
In about a month your cloud 9 will evaporate. There is a good reason that rig is for sale.

Before the end of this summer you will wind up paying $120 per fillup at 8-10 MPG on $4-5+ per gallon gas.

That price is about double what that truck will bring here. Folks can not give away the old 350 powered pickups. No one can afford to drive them.

Your numbers are flawed, You'll need to subtract the 22K for a new truck with a 4.3 V6 and the interest. Mileage on that 2012 is 15 city and 20 hwy, less if you run E85 and it is 2 wheel drive. I can match that with the throttle body install easy. Then there is taxes, much higher tax rate.....Let's not forget maintenance...Lol! I have a spare for nearly every part on this truck. Gas will not top 4 dollars this summer. The correct numbers for the 1984 K20 Chevy truck stock, are 11 city and 15 hwy (link below). Manual hubs (less rotating mass) not stock in '84. 35" tires also equals a higher gear ratio than stock. I'll post my actual results when I can accurately.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/1984_Chevrolet_20_Pickup.shtml

Rick
03-14-2012, 07:21 PM
That's okay, CS. When you get our age everything is flawed. Numbers are just one more to add to the list.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-14-2012, 07:23 PM
4X4 trucks....you can never have enough, like tools, guns, trailers, boats.......

You left out the camper, after all this the camper special! I need a cab over next!

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-14-2012, 07:29 PM
That's okay, CS. When you get our age everything is flawed. Numbers are just one more to add to the list.

Gas mileage is flawed, not old men. There have been no significant gains when it comes to a truck that can do what a truck does.

hunter63
03-14-2012, 07:41 PM
When it comes to doing what you want,.... WFC what the milage is.......That's the nice part of being an Old Guy...I can afford it!

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-14-2012, 08:41 PM
When it comes to doing what you want,.... WFC what the milage is.......That's the nice part of being an Old Guy...I can afford it!

Well spoken Hunter! This truck tickles my fancy! I don't even have to figure out which machine thread japanese bolt I need either, just order the whole set!

shiftyer1
03-15-2012, 02:28 AM
I have to say that motor LOOKS like it has more than 70k on it. If the truck has a good body, and I think it was a shortbed? It would almost bring that price here with no motor or trans.

Wildthang
03-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Well did ya buy it? I love old Chevy trucks!

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I have to say that motor LOOKS like it has more than 70k on it. If the truck has a good body, and I think it was a shortbed? It would almost bring that price here with no motor or trans.

It is a longbed and yep, 70k miles looks alot older when it is 28 yrs. young, the motor actually only has 36k on it. Friday I spent the day at the DMV. Saturday i washed it and undercoated the wheelwells. I spent the day today putting new mufflers on her, she liked 'em and I did too. I haven't posted pics because I didn't want to hurt any feelings. Drove it to work friday and will be Monday. Everything is going as planned.

Camp10
03-18-2012, 08:57 PM
I love old Chevy trucks! I've had many! Congrats! I wouldnt swap it to EFI for a few reasons... first, your probably good with carbs so you can keep it running fine as it is. Second, the swap will be more involved then you think..well, you probably know but there is the O2 sensors, putting in a fuel tank from an 87 (for the pump), the wiring, the heads are different, etc, etc. Third, if you keep your foot out of it, those small primary jets will get you pretty good mileage and if you want to go, just push a little harder! Lets see some pics CS!

kyratshooter
03-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Gas will not top 4 dollars this summer. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/1984_Chevrolet_20_Pickup.shtml

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/03/highest-gas-price-recorded-for-march/

And Summer travel season does not start until next week!

crashdive123
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I've already paid over $4 a gallon in some parts of the state. In some places right now $4 would be a relief.

Sparky93
03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Congrats on the new wheels CS, and I want a video so I can hear the new pipes lol

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-20-2012, 12:32 PM
I payed $ 3.58 and filled the dual 20 gal. tanks on Monday. Left her at home today and drove the ole' Z71. I have some tuning to do and it appears the header collector gaskets are leaking, no surprise really after disturbing the exhaust replacing the mufflers. I am not a fan of headers, may want to replace with manifolds. I'll get some pics up when I can.

Sparky93
03-20-2012, 12:35 PM
I payed $ 3.58 and filled the dual 20 gal. tanks on Monday. Left her at home today and drove the ole' Z71. I have some tuning to do and it appears the header collector gaskets are leaking, no surprise really after disturbing the exhaust replacing the mufflers. I am not a fan of headers, may want to replace with manifolds. I'll get some pics up when I can.

Ya, headers belong on drag cars, not trucks.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Ya, headers belong on drag cars, not trucks.

Well, I agree....but. It has some really nice Hedmann Headers, equal length tubes and w/ 2.5" collectors. Worked on it this afternoon. Had a good laugh, the original owner had put the collector gasgets behind the flange on the exhaust side. So, effectively no gaskets. I opened her up and put some of the newer brass crush gaskets in between the flanges, where they are supposed to be and was rewarded with a nice quiet sound in the cab. Next I'll be doing the timing and the carb, now that I can hear what I am doing.

Thaddius Bickerton
03-22-2012, 09:56 AM
I got a 72 ton flatbed off craigslist for $800 couple months ago.

I'm having my son help me weld up a wood gassification generator for it. (I have more firewood than gas money.) As gas costs go up I'll just run on wood. Only gas will be for chainsaw, and I could use hand tools if things get to hard up.

Any truck before 1978 is about as basic an engine as you can get, after that they started putting all that epa crap on them, (72 for cars I believe was the date for epa stuff).

Sparky93
03-22-2012, 06:24 PM

I'm having my son help me weld up a wood gassification generator for it. (I have more firewood than gas money.) As gas costs go up I'll just run on wood. Only gas will be for chainsaw, and I could use hand tools if things get to hard up.

Any truck before 1978 is about as basic an engine as you can get, after that they started putting all that epa crap on them, (72 for cars I believe was the date for epa stuff).

You should put up pics when you get done, sounds like a cool project!

natertot
03-22-2012, 11:15 PM

A 72 ton flatbed!!!! What do you plan on moving that you need a 72 ton truck?!

hunter63
03-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Now that is a big Azzzzzzed truck.

Thaddius Bickerton
03-26-2012, 08:23 PM
LOL, i meant a one ton truck with a flatbed on it; made in 1972.

I know ya'll was teasing me but I often do get things half way said.

it's still pretty big, but I like that since gassification produces less power so the big engine will still putt putt around ok and haul a lot even allowing for all the wood gas gen parts.

I'll see if I can get pics of it as we build it up. I'm thinking it will be a couple months to getting it up and running and all. Son just got a contract to weld up a bunch of decorative window "treatments" (security bars /shutters) for a big ol' mc mansion this contractor is building.

If he likes the work, might be lots more same place.

We just love people with more money than anything else to throw at trying to buy security instead of taking responsibility for themselves. (Gated communities buy a lot of custom fencing and shutters and reinforced doors and such)

Here are a couple pics to whet your interest like it has mine: (Our final arrangement will attempt to be a bit "cleaner and organized")

Sparky93
03-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Very cool man, keep us updated!

Thaddius Bickerton
03-27-2012, 05:36 PM
I decided to make some "char cloth" so put my cookie tin with the small hole in the top on the grill with some cotton cloth in it and lit the stuff coming out the top to know when it was done as the flame died.

I guess that is like wood gasification works sort of.

I have now found that most organic matter will work in these things. I'm wondering if I would get more power / better milage out of using something like coal.

Oh the fun of experiments.

And the joy of driving to town to get supplies and drop the kids off at school. I keep the thing running cause it is gonna keep making fuel, so I'm thinking if I put a generator / welder on the back with some kind of valve I can switch over to the generator when sitting waiting on the kids from school / sports / etc and hook up some sort of RV heater / air conditioner to the cab for comfort.

(looks like summer in alabama is gonna be hot this year.)

With any luck, son will get some advertising and some orders to weld up some of these if the first one lives up to hopes.

XD.

I love old trucks, almost as much as old (mil surplus and Black powder) rifles.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-27-2012, 09:39 PM
I haven't been around much. I have been working hard though. The ole' truck has proved to be a challenge. Here is what I have done thus far. I changed out the mufflers, the collector gaskets and the header gaskets. Eliminated a pile of vacuum lines and have been tuning the carb and timing. Holley carbs can be diificult at times. Everything is going well though. The worst thing I have run into is this durn Purolator filter. I took this picture to remind me never to buy another one. It had 2 threads over an 1/8" and had been installed by an air wrench durn near cross threaded. The AC Delco that went in it's place had 1/2" of threads. I have never had to remove an oil filter this way. I have changed mine and my families oil for over 20 yrs. I had to remove the header to get at it with with a hammer and and a peice of 3/4" square tubing before she gave up!

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af330/COWBOYSURVIVAL/DSCN4232.jpg

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af330/COWBOYSURVIVAL/DSCN4230.jpg

Rick
03-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I had one of those stupid things years ago that I finally drove a large screwdriver through so I could get both hands on it. I've never used one of their filters since. I don't know what makes them so dang hard to get off. Not to mention the mess you wind up with because you drove holes in the filter.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
03-27-2012, 10:25 PM
I had one of those stupid things years ago that I finally drove a large screwdriver through so I could get both hands on it. I've never used one of their filters since. I don't know what makes them so dang hard to get off. Not to mention the mess you wind up with because you drove holes in the filter.

The 3/4 square tubing came after my craftsman screwdriver bent in half. Yep, warranty on the screwdriver!

natertot
03-27-2012, 11:13 PM
That is too funny! I had a fram do that once. I shoved a screwdriver through it and that was that. I couldn't imagine that it would bend the screwdriver. Was it a pretty thin one?

hunter63
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Those filtesr can be a real PITA....Just the other day i was sitting at the oil change place....and the coffee had been perking for over a hour!...looked like mud, so had to have the girl make me a new pot, and send out for more donuts...but before she got back they were done.........What a PITA!

Funny as in the past, used to crawl around under the vehicles, with a couple of screw drivers, a adjustable wrench....and a hammer and build race cars.......Now I have a garage full of tools, jacks, compressors, etc, etc.....and.... It's off to the oil change place I go....Whats up with that?

BTW the tractor has to be screw-driver ed off......NFW a wrench fits on it.......

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Update....I sunk it in the mud hole down from the house. I mean literally sunk it, or maybe even submarined it. Water in the cab. Took 3 trucks and 150 ft. of strap to get it out. So, I have been drying it out for a week. I got water in the oil. I am on my fourth oil change in a week getting it all out. Well, yesterday I cranked her up and the fan waved at me a few times, waterpump. I got a new one to put on this evening. Pretty sure I'll be building a motor for it soon. I have my first 350 I ever built on a stand, so no need to shut this one down, I'll build it. I will be researching building an old school 350 that will like our new gas blends. I have never had water get in the oil from sinking a truck in the mud, I am still not sure how that happened.

Sparky93
04-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Step 1 before you go mudding (as told to me by a veteran mudder) get a can of silicone spray and spray everything lol
Step 2 always have a snatch-em-strap, and never hook a snatch-em-strap onto the ball on a hitch. It will come flying out of the hitch and cut through the cab lodging itself into the seat (he knows from experiencing...)
Step 3 (this is my addition) Never believe a buddy when he says he was just "turning around" off the highway and got stuck, and take a 2 wheel drive to get him out thinking you can stay on the road. By the end of the day you will have one truck with a blown tranny and one with a blown motor.... (he was actually about 300 yards off the road out in the mine... Had to call a buddy with a 4 wheel drive...)

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Step 1 before you go mudding (as told to me by a veteran mudder) get a can of silicone spray and spray everything lol
Step 2 always have a snatch-em-strap, and never hook a snatch-em-strap onto the ball on a hitch. It will come flying out of the hitch and cut through the cab lodging itself into the seat (he knows from experiencing...)
Step 3 (this is my addition) Never believe a buddy when he says he was just "turning around" off the highway and got stuck, and take a 2 wheel drive to get him out thinking you can stay on the road. By the end of the day you will have one truck with a blown tranny and one with a blown motor.... (he was actually about 300 yards off the road out in the mine... Had to call a buddy with a 4 wheel drive...)

It never cut off except when I cut it off to go home and get another truck and some straps. Lol! I got the water pump off tonight. Decided to grill some burgers and relax instead of putting the new one on, besides I want to paint it first.. It is no hurry since I have a daily driver. The durn thing cranked underwater.....blub ...blub.. Surprised me. But, still I can't fathom how water got in the oil, but after 4 changes I know it doesn't take much water to turn the oil gray.

Sparky93
04-09-2012, 09:43 PM
It never cut off except when I cut it off to go home and get another truck and some straps. Lol! I got the water pump off tonight. Decided to grill some burgers and relax instead of putting the new one on, besides I want to paint it first.. It is no hurry since I have a daily driver. The durn thing cranked underwater.....blub ...blub.. Surprised me. But, still I can't fathom how water got in the oil, but after 4 changes I know it doesn't take much water to turn the oil gray.

Do you got any gaskets leaking any oil? I would not of thought it would be that hard to get it out.....

intothenew
04-10-2012, 10:07 AM
SeaFoam will help with the water issue. Any automotive supplier should have it.

Linky (http://www.seafoamsales.com/)

Thaddius Bickerton
04-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Buring up a truck is like giving blood to the steel in your knife.

Now it is truly yours.

XD

hunter63
04-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Speed and mud, how fast and deep do you wanna go....LOL
What no spare.../

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-11-2012, 05:44 PM
SeaFoam will help with the water issue. Any automotive supplier should have it.

Linky (http://www.seafoamsales.com/)

I did put a can of sea foam with 5 qts of oil in the 3rd oil change. The fourth is still in the motor so no info as to how well it worked or didn't work yet.

Sparky93
04-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Should'a bought a Ford, the don't get stuck.....XD

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Should'a bought a Ford, the don't get stuck.....XD

Been driving a chevy all of my life. I have built 6 motors one of which I still have it outlasted 3 vehicles in my youth, the one I mentioned earlier that is on the stand. Built it when I was 15. I've won mud bogs and even sled pulls with my chevy builds. I'd be glad to test your theory if ya wanna meet half way between here and Purdue, we can put it to the test. Just funn'in with ya, but I would do it! I will need to buy some cam2 gas as it is 10:1 compression.

crashdive123
04-11-2012, 10:07 PM
I was a Chevy man till right around June of 2009. I still own one, but will never buy one again.

Rick
04-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Cheby? Nyet! I don't dribe no cheby. You vant good truck. Drive KAMAZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlYjae7uSoQ&feature=player_embedded

natertot
04-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Been driving a chevy all of my life. I have built 6 motors one of which I still have it outlasted 3 vehicles in my youth, the one I mentioned earlier that is on the stand. Built it when I was 15. I've won mud bogs and even sled pulls with my chevy builds. I'd be glad to test your theory if ya wanna meet half way between here and Purdue, we can put it to the test. Just funn'in with ya, but I would do it! I will need to buy some cam2 gas as it is 10:1 compression.

That's funny. I've been driving a Ford all my life and I never had the need to build a motor!

Sparky93
04-12-2012, 01:09 AM

LMAO! If I get the truck I'm planning on trying to get this summer I'll take you up on that offer lol I am a die hard Ford guy, but I do like some of the older chevy's. My buddy just bought a truck similar to yours for a beater truck, but it is slowly turning into his baby instead of beater lol

aflineman
04-12-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkqtcfhiE4A

aflineman
04-12-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HKeNn4T3EY

crashdive123
04-12-2012, 02:37 PM
See that - in the second vid he just needed a little more weight transfer. Let this be a lesson to us all. Pay attention to load distribution.

Rick
04-12-2012, 04:45 PM
See? There is a job I'm qualified for! So nanny nanny boo boo.

Sparky93
04-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I still can't see videos cuz my computer is all messed up, I bet I'm missing out on something....

Rick
04-13-2012, 04:04 AM
It's no big deal. She was VERY attractive however.

Sparky93
04-13-2012, 04:39 AM
It's no big deal. She was VERY attractive however.

Dang you....

crashdive123
04-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Hey Rick - it took me a little working with Google Translator, but I think she said something about an attraction to "West Lafayette Boilermaker". Do you know what that was about?

natertot
04-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Dang you....

Don't be to hard on yourself. The second video shows she can't handle wood too well because of uneven load distribution.

hunter63
04-13-2012, 02:00 PM
This is the SIL's Chevy (sorta)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/PICT0659-1.jpg

http://vid4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/th_PICT0657.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/?action=view&current=PICT0657.mp4)

crashdive123
04-13-2012, 02:27 PM
I guess she kept her foot in it until she got traction, rather than trying to "see" when she got out of the pit.

Sparky93
04-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Got videos working on my computer and you guys are cracking me up lol

Sparky93
04-13-2012, 04:38 PM
That is a pretty sweet truck Hunter!

hunter63
04-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah, them boys down south take take their mud serious,...... ain't that right CFS?

The clean one is mine....LOL

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/DSCF0578.jpg

Sparky93
04-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Here are some of my buddies rigs

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/20769_100160786685652_100000751921688_1187_4616265 _n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/20769_100160790018985_100000751921688_1188_343103_ n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/26918_100954686606262_100000751921688_24650_273352 4_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/26918_100954699939594_100000751921688_24653_426973 6_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/26918_100954693272928_100000751921688_24651_423931 7_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/179608_178059162229147_100000751921688_354622_5149 855_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/65104_152597508108646_100000751921688_229896_24427 05_n.jpg

We take our mudding serious down in southern Indiana too....

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Hunter your SIL's trucks sounds really good clean. Now, I see my mistake I need bigger tires, the 35's ain't getin' it done!

Thaddius Bickerton
04-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Just strap a jscram to it and holler: Hey ya'll watch this for ya touch it off.

natertot
04-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Well, since we are showing off our trucks, heres mine sitting in the drive after I just washed her up.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Here is the submarine after I cleaned her up. I am still glad I bought this truck.

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af330/COWBOYSURVIVAL/DSCN4241.jpg

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af330/COWBOYSURVIVAL/DSCN4242.jpg

hunter63
04-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Need bigger tires, bigger tires........
http://mudwild.com/

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Need bigger tires, bigger tires........
http://mudwild.com/

It doesn't look it but thos sre 35" bfgs on her. the truck just swallows them. So yeah bigger tires after all the "other" stuff is done. I have to stand on a 12"X12" on my tip toes to get to the carb now. Thanks for the encouragement, I'll be sure and take pics next time I do something stupid. I got the water out of the oil and put some miles on her, seems she is ok so far.

Sparky93
04-15-2012, 07:03 PM
I bet those tires would look bigger if you got some rims with a little offset to give it a wider stance.

Wow, I didn't know that one pic of Hunter's was a video lol, that is a good sounding truck.... for a chevy....