PDA

View Full Version : Dadblasted Technology!

your_comforting_company
02-06-2012, 01:19 AM
We thought it was just the little fan going out in the box, but it turns out (after I buy new parts for it) that 4 capacitors blew on our motherboard. So I've been off for a few days till I could get a chance to try to fix the old box. Couldn't fix it so we got a shiny new magic box now, with all newfangled bedazzlement that I don't know how to work. I was just getting good at the other one, too..

So, It's been a busy week, working on a house that should have been covered 5 years ago (rotten wood everywhere) AND the fella wants some modifications.. Harvested honey off of my strong hive. Got hides ready and had a class this past Saturday, which went really well. Had too much to do to worry about the busted box.

The best part was the kids did all the stretching, and they weren't scared to touch the "gross stuff", heck, they even convinced some of the adults to touch and smell. They got in a big circle and kept moving the hide around, making a sort of tug-of-war game out of it. It was really fun to watch. They made one of the softest skins I've ever laid my hands (and face) on. I wasn't able to take pictures because I was so busy with everyone, so maybe next weekend I can get some of OTHER folks gettin' gross hehe.

Sorry I was away! Hope I didn't miss too much!
(those little flying helicoptery thingies are kinda freaky..)

Winnie
02-06-2012, 05:21 AM
I have technology trouble too. Good to hear from you and gret to hear that you're busy. Have you noticed any predominant flower flavour in the honey.

your_comforting_company
02-06-2012, 07:12 AM
I honestly can't say I know what the different flower nectars taste like in raw form, except to say that I don't recognize honeysuckle in it. There is a lot of dandelion, clover, privet, and other aster-family plants around. This honey doesn't have that store-bought odour either. One keeper suggested that it tasted a lot like cotton honey, which is also an indicator of other mallow-family plants. It is very mild yet sweet.
I'm really glad to hear from you W with all the bad weather you guys have been having over there. Stay warm!

Rick
02-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Glad to see you back and really glad that your demonstrations are going well. I know you want to migrate in that direction and sounds like that's coming along well.

crashdive123
02-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Sounds like things are going well, even with the technology issues.