PDA

View Full Version : Survival Story Board

Doyle
01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
This thread is a survival story board, where each person will submit a day of events, and continue the story, the story will have to apply to realistic survival, and not always be positive, try to incorporate real survival scenarios, only submit 1 days events, I shall start. You can add items and kit that you ahve with you, but your on a hike, be realistic.

I'm on a hike in a northern forest of Ontario, and I have lost my co-ordinates and decided to go off the trail thinking I could Navigate better than I actually Could. I'm now lost, and it's getting dark. It's late fall the temp is going to drop over night, I decide to prioritize and get something for heat, and shelter for the dreadful night thats ahead. I begin to find as much dry tinder, and kindling to begin a making a fire.
I havea little bit of paracord no moer than 20 feet, and decide I'm capable enough to create a friction fire, I begin to do so when it begins to rain.
I make a canopy with my poncho to protect myself from the rain, and curl up ina ball to conserve heat for the night, I put my Bag over my feet for warmth, and put on my extra sweater.

Continue with day 2...

Sarge47
01-17-2012, 01:53 PM
When I get up this morning I am shocked to find tracks of a large creature that passed not 10 feet from my sleeping bag last night! There are reports that a large man is roaming through the forests wearing nothing but a thong and gouging himself on Twinkies....:wacko:

Old GI
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
That is no survival story!

That is the worst horror story I ever heard!!!!!!!

When I get up this morning I am shocked to find tracks of a large creature that passed not 10 feet from my sleeping bag last night! There are reports that a large man is roaming through the forests wearing nothing but a thong and gouging himself on Twinkies....:wacko:

kyratshooter
01-17-2012, 02:21 PM
This large thong wearing humanoid is an escapee from a mental institution who went into the north Ontario forest without firemaking gear, since only a victim of insanity would do such a thing. He has been wondering about with no direction due to leaving the only marked trail in the 100,000,000 acre forest.

Fortunately he has found a like minded friend.

TresMon
01-17-2012, 02:26 PM
After warming myself by the struggling flame of a damp fire I realized I was exhausted from a night lying awake and shivering more than actually sleeping. It was obvious I perhaps could do without some sleep or some meals, but not both. So I began to collect debris form the forest floor and stuff it into my rudimentary shelter.

Surely if I literally stuffed the whole shelter with even wet debris it would hold in my body heat. I found myself surprised many times at how easily fatigued I was becoming with such a mild endeavor, but non the less I got the shelter area stuffed with forest litter to the point it was bulging.

After a good long rest I wring the rain water out of my soaked sweater and drink it. It's putrid- tasting like a locker room smells but does relieve my craving for water. Now that my shelter is water tight and warm enough, even without need for fire to stay warm all night I check it of the list of priorities. Already having at least some semblance of a coal bed, I'm confident I can rekindle a flame off it and check fire off my list of priorities. Next- water. I need to find a good source of water. But I'm not too worried as it looks like the rains could break loose again any moment. Hmm... what to do?

Well everything I have is already soaked, so i use my pack cover as a collection basin to catch the run off from my shelter. Shelter- check. Fire- check. Water- sooner or later, check. I think I'll pull in some more kindling and fire wood. Then scout or a creek or stream which beyond the obvious should be a good place to set a trap line as well...

Wildthang
01-18-2012, 02:46 PM
I found a large plastic garbage bag, and an old tin Campbells soup can that had washed down the creek, and quickly decided that they both may come in handy! The blackberry bushes still had some late berry's that were half dried up but still edible. After I set the trap line, foraged the last remaining berries, (two handfulls) , I filled the old rusty can with water and headed back to the shelter.

Rick
01-18-2012, 04:30 PM
I woke up this morning to find that Tres had gathered sufficient firewood and had a cool fire going next to the shelter. He told me Wildthang was running a trot line and gathering berries. Doyle was still trying to untangle the paracord. I checked the batteries on my cell phone, posted a note on my facebook account that I would never go hiking with these guys again. Phoned Pizza Hut for delivery and debited the charge and a nice 20% tip for the driver. When he delivers the pizza I'm catching a ride home.

hunter63
01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Now I get my fire growing in earnest, as drying my clothes and warming my self, hydrating with collected water boiled, adding a few pine needles for taste and vit-imens,, (per Bear).

I know hear aircraft, so out with the mirrior, but no sun......so find me a dead tree and start it on fire........

TresMon
01-18-2012, 08:29 PM
I noticed Ricker was holding a flashlight up to his ear saying "pepperoni, mushrooms and black olives. A side of bread sticks too." I tried to explain to him he was talking into a flashlight but he wouldn't hear it. It was obvious the hong was leaving him "exposed" to the elements and he had a serious case on hypothermia. He agreed to do as I requested AFTER he got his pizza order placed.

The signal tree fire was roaring. Rick took note and says "A Klan rally here? We should ride out with those guys. Any advice on how to explain the hong to the klansmen?" I tried to explain it was not a burning cross rather a burning signal tree but again he would not hear it....

Wildthang
01-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Then a real ugly female Sasquatch bolted out of the bushes and grabbed Rick, and yelled moooooooyuk I got me a man!!! She threw him over her shoulder and ran into the woods patting him on the backside with an amorous look in her eyes. We could hear Rick screaming even a mile away, then it turned into a loud moan like no one has ever heard before. The last words we heard him say was, " Oh my god, I love you Squatchie Poooooooooo!

hunter63
01-18-2012, 09:22 PM
So I sit by my burning tree.....reflecting on this special time.........and mutter softly "Good grief (or words to that effect)...I came out here to get away for all this..."

Sarge47
01-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Finally, Rick came back into camp, looking like he'd been ran over by a Mack truck, and minus even the hong. I would of stayed to talk to him, but without the hong...well...there's just no way. As I headed into the brush I heard him saying tearfully: "I think I'm in love...!" I didn't have the heart to tell him that the Sasquatch we had all mistaken for a female was really a male! Oh well, why break his heart? :creepy:

Rick
01-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Being deaf has certain disadvantages. I was once challenged to wrestle a mountain lion and make love to a fair maiden. Judging from the injuries and the fact I'm engaged to the mountain lion I could have gotten something wrong.

BENESSE
01-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Now, that ain't no way to talk about Mrs. Rick!

Rick
01-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Why...uh....it's the drugs........yeah, that's the ticket.

BENESSE
01-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Now that I think about it, she has to be a mountain lion at heart to deal with you.

TresMon
01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
I think this board is the board of boards when it comes to threads derailing and being hijacked. Why it could be a virtual training camp for terror ops.

LOL!

BENESSE
01-19-2012, 09:27 AM
It's schizophrenia with a good measure of Tourettes.

crashdive123
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
It is not.

Is too.

Is not.

Shut the ************ up.

Wildthang
01-19-2012, 01:54 PM
So,

Since Rick was safe and back in camp, we all decided to celebrate. Tres had some moonshine in his backpack, and Wildthang had some Wild Turkey. Rick told them that he didn't drink, so we told him that if he didn't have a drink with us, we would call the Sasquatch back and she could just keep him this time. Ricks eyes got wide and grabbed the moonshine, and gulped down a huge drink of the shine.
His eyes rolled back, he dropped his hong, and he leaned back against a tree and began to smile wickedly!

hossthehermit
01-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Suddenly we heard a plane, obviously attracted by our signal tree fire. Fortunately, the pilot was drunk and crashed the plane into the campsite, killing us all instantly........

BENESSE
01-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Suddenly we heard a plane, obviously attracted by our signal tree fire. Fortunately, the pilot was drunk and crashed the plane into the campsite, killing us all instantly........

A merciful end indeed. For all of us.
The way the story was developing I was afraid we were headed into Deliverance Part II.

TresMon
01-19-2012, 06:00 PM
A merciful end indeed. For all of us.
The way the story was developing I was afraid we were headed into Deliverance Part II.

Well said indeed. My thoughts exactly. For the record I tried to steer it out of the ditch twice.

Renatus
01-19-2012, 06:15 PM
deleted...

Wildthang
01-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Where do we go from here?

TresMon
01-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Where do we go from here?
Says the shell shocked individual to herself.......

Warheit
01-23-2012, 12:02 PM
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock.

So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one---big hitter, the Lama---long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know."

And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Doyle
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Survival in hell? ahah