PDA

View Full Version : How, Where, are You Spending New Years Eve?

COWBOYSURVIVAL
12-31-2011, 11:59 AM
I am heading out back to spend the day with my girls, grilling, working on various projects (a new shooting table for the range is top priority) and hunting along the way various game is in season. I will take several walks through the woods and see what I can get up! Hopefully some fresh dove or rabbit for the all day BBQ. One of our traditions in the swamp is shooting shotguns to set off the New Year!

crashdive123
12-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Just got off work. Going to work on a few knives, read a little, watch a little of the TV thingie and go to be at my usual time. With luck, the fireworks won't wake me.

hunter63
12-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah, try to stay up till midnight.......
Had to laugh, was reading the paper this morning (remember them?)....anyway,.. there were a couple of Saloon/Restaurant places that were advertising "An Old Fart New Year's party", dinner at 4:00pm, midnight celebration at 6:00PM..........Great idea...

TresMon
12-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah, try to stay up till midnight.......
Had to laugh, was reading the paper this morning (remember them?)....anyway,.. there were a couple of Saloon/Restaurant places that were advertising "An Old Fart New Year's party", dinner at 4:00pm, midnight celebration at 6:00PM..........Great idea...

That's great- and about my speed.

I'm SICK- so nothing going on here (except for living on this forum till i'm better.)

Winnie
12-31-2011, 03:02 PM
I've never bothered about New years Eve. I will do as Crash, without the Knife thing.

BornthatWay
12-31-2011, 03:08 PM
I guess the same as any other night watch TV till I fall asleep then go to bed.

1stimestar
12-31-2011, 05:33 PM
We have our main fireworks show for NYE instead of 4th of July here. Because you know, it's light all night in July. So all over that side of town people will be parked all over to see the fireworks from their cars. It is done up on the hill of the University so we park at the university. We normally have a car picnic with snackies and hot chocolate.

Rick
12-31-2011, 06:19 PM
We're at home tonight babysitting our youngest grand daughter. She's spending the night. So we'll bring in the New Year making a bunch of Zzzzzzz if we're lucky.

paracordist
12-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Home with baby that has pneumonia!

COWBOYSURVIVAL
12-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Well, I guess I am becoming a f.a.r.t....I shot 3 times got up about 7 or 8 so dove, no birds down. We grilled some chicken legs and shot fireworks with the little one. We are all in now and have a nice fire in the fireplace. I am getting real hungry and I know that means I will be going to sleep. Happy New Year Everyone!