PDA

View Full Version : Finding blogs on Pest control and nusinence wildlife

Wise Old Owl
12-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Bit stumped - cant seem to find a good blog for Pest Control employees to exchange information on traps and bugs.

Any help would be appreciated.

crashdive123
12-29-2011, 06:14 PM
There are several out there. I haven't participated in any, so can't recommend any to you. Some of the larger suppliers and manufacturers have sites that will allow for submissions of questions, photos, etc. The best resource I have found is to belong to your states pest control association (if your state has more than one, join the one whose mission is the best fit with your business). The contacts I have made through my association are invaluable.....from techs, owners, suppliers, entomologists, University personnel.....

Rick
12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Whew! There for a minute I thought he was talkin' about guys like me. I'm relieved I'm here to tell you.

tank
12-30-2011, 01:15 PM
For bugs try Bay Leaves, we tried it and it worked or at least seemed to no more bugs, as far as pesky four legged critters we heard Blood Meal will work haven't tried it yet. I'm not sure about the 2 legged critters haven't found any thing legal for them yet.

Sarge47
12-30-2011, 01:40 PM
My wife uses peppermint leaves to deter mice; seems to work okay. :cool2:

Wise Old Owl
01-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Yes - that has been engineered to be better This is one product on the market that kills insects with synthetics mixed with peppermint botanical, I had a gal last month that wanted to treat her car herself with this stuff because her car was infested with bed bugs... She was going to pour the $34 concentrate into the car to kill them. I already know less than once ounce would do that and a tear drop in the car carpet takes 4 weeks to dissappate - talk about minty fresh.... You can't drive with this stuff if spilled.

With the Essentria™ line of products from Envincio, pest control operators can take advantage of synthetic performance with the safety benefits of an organic.

http://www.envincio.com/essentria/

That’s because Essentria products use botanical compounds that plants generate as part of their natural defense against insect attacks. These compounds work by blocking octopamine in the target insect’s nervous system.

Rick
01-04-2012, 08:42 AM
You do their ad copy don't you?

crashdive123
01-04-2012, 09:12 AM
If you're still looking WOO - there are a bunch of pest control forums out there. I know, I know - what is this blasphemous talk of other forums. I haven't looked at them too closely, but it may interest you.

Wise Old Owl
01-14-2012, 12:15 PM
just looking for a decent one....

lefties
02-04-2012, 07:20 AM
trapperman.com adc forum,,national wildlife control operators

lonesrhia
08-09-2022, 02:54 AM
If you're still looking WOO - there are a bunch of pest control forums out there. I know, I know - what is this blasphemous talk of other forums. I haven't looked at them too closely, but it may interest you.

Yes, I also recommend to go and read more information about pest control on the relevant forums. It will help you for sure.

crashdive123
08-09-2022, 06:25 AM
I didn't realize that India had such a big pest problem. Well, now there is one less.