PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Do With the Fruits of My Garden?

Rick
02-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Some of you have said that this is your first year trying your hand at gardening. You're hooked. You don't know it yet but you are. Once you pick that first tomatoe or cucumber or the ten zillion zuccinni those eight little plants put out you'll be hooked. So the next question is what do I do will all the stuff I get out of the garden? Here is a link that explains canning, freezing, dehydrating, jams and jellies, pickles and a whole lot more:

http://www.pickyourown.org/allaboutcanning.htm

Tony uk
02-10-2008, 08:50 PM
O.o Rick is becoming a cheff :)

I like the sound if the jerky recipie

Rick
02-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I made up a batch of hard tac on Friday and I'll start marinating some beef for jerky tomorrow.

I actually cook quite a bit and just about anything you want. But please don't call me chef. I prefer the French word, which is chef or even the Italian word, which is chef a lot better than the blase' English word chef.

Tony uk
02-10-2008, 09:49 PM
I made up a batch of hard tac on Friday and I'll start marinating some beef for jerky tomorrow.

I actually cook quite a bit and just about anything you want. But please don't call me chef. I prefer the French word, which is chef or even the Italian word, which is chef a lot better than the blase' English word chef.

Hard tac put in a pan of frying bacon makes a good tasteing eats :D Just make sure you have enough liquid to soften it up

Rick
02-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I was in the family room last night crunching a piece of it and my wife asked me what I was doing. Crunch, crunch, crunch. I'm eating hard tac, I told her. She just shook her head. After nearly 35 years nothing surprises her any more.

Tony uk
02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
I was in the family room last night crunching a piece of it and my wife asked me what I was doing. Crunch, crunch, crunch. I'm eating hard tac, I told her. She just shook her head. After nearly 35 years nothing surprises her any more.

You where eating it without mixing it with anything ? It took me 15 mins to eat one little squre of that stuff dry :eek:

Rick
02-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Milk. Natures other nectar.

Tony uk
02-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Milk. Natures other nectar.

O.o Sounds Very Nice, Whomeal bread dipped in virgin olive oild (The green one) it very nice + healthy, Try it rick you might like it

Rick
02-11-2008, 06:59 PM
What the hey is whomeal bread? I do like bread in olive oil and a little pepper.

Tony uk
02-11-2008, 07:08 PM
What the hey is whomeal bread? I do like bread in olive oil and a little pepper.

Sorry Wholemeal, My keyboad is getting worse by the day, Either the key doesnt work or sticks

Pepper ? Interesting

Rick
02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Add about 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper to a saucer of olive oil (depending on how well you like pepper).

Tony uk
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
A olive oil with choped fresh chillies dip is another thing, its beter with other cooked food but i suppose it might be nice with the bread, Spicey, nice flavour and texture

crashdive123
02-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Add some crushed garlic to the peppers or chillies. Pretty tastey.

Rick
02-11-2008, 08:32 PM
By the way, Tony, the jerky is in the fridge marinating.

Tony uk
02-11-2008, 09:22 PM
By the way, Tony, the jerky is in the fridge marinating.

O.o Very Nice, I hope it turns out well for you

Assassin Pilot
02-11-2008, 09:26 PM
"What Do I Do With the Fruits of My Garden?"

A: eat them
B: throw them at people
C: launch them a people w/ spud gun
D: blow them up w/ m-80s and use as fruit-grenades
E: toss from top of tall building down at innocent people below
F: smash to pulp and use it in place of water in a super-soaker water gun
G: put an m-80 into them and use a spud gun to launch them at people from the top of a building (C, D, & E)

notice how all of them are things only I would think of doing?

Rick
02-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Sadly, yes.

Assassin Pilot
02-11-2008, 09:37 PM
*besides option "A"