PDA

View Full Version : Thigh sheath

TBBucs
02-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I checked the "Knife Info" sticky and didn't see anything on the topic. Has anyone here used a thigh sheath like the one shown here:

http://www.survivalsheath.com/sheaths/index.htm

It seems like it might be less intrusive, as it runs along your thigh rather than dangling out from your waist on a belt loop. I doubt I'd buy this particular sheath, as I could probably jerry rig my own for a lot less than $100 :)

Thoughts? Better or worse than a waist sheath?

Tony uk
02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
It looks good, But i prefer a waist sheath still. :)

Rick
02-10-2008, 06:12 PM
TBBucs - John McCann actually describes something very similar on page 79 of Build the Perfect Survival Kit. He uses a piggyback thigh rig. He has an Ontario RTAK in the larger sheath and a SOG SEAL Revolver in the piggy back sheath.

Sourdough
02-10-2008, 06:14 PM
TBBucs, If you look right where the knife is in the photo, well my Carhartt logger jeans have a long thin pocket there, and that is where I wear my fixed blade knife, in that pocket.

crashdive123
02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Not too much different from a drop down thigh holster for a side arm. Comfortable wear, easy accessibility.

Sourdough
02-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Cheaper than Dirt, carries that molie system they might be cheaper. They are online.

prrrfukt
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
hmmm thats what i was talking about in the other knife thread! well maybe not exactly, but somewhat

Robbie Roberson
02-13-2008, 03:55 AM
Rick, John McCann carries my knife ? oops......... :o :D

TBBucs, it does make the knife a little easier to get to while sitting down.

Robbie Roberson.;)

Rick
02-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Actually, yes. I knew someone on here had invented it but couldn't remember who (sorry). He actually has good things to say about it calling it, "well designed". He has one section just on it.

Beo
02-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I prefer a belt sheath, I use my cargo pockets when wearing that type of pants and the whole Die Hard Rambo knife look is kinda tacky IMHO, but then again sheaths like knives are a personal choice. Here at work we have tried the thigh holster with SRT (SWAT) and it didn't work as well when climbing, crawling, or sliding down a wall or along one. The belt knife works better in these situations.

marberry
02-23-2008, 04:35 PM
lol i made that exact same kind of sheath for my nighthawk u can convert it from the narmal one with 2 straps and some superglue. i like thigh sheaths but there absolutially horrid if you wear cargo pants (the kind with big pockets next to your thigh) and belt sheaths do swing around when you run but i usually just put up with em.