PDA

View Full Version : Grapevine Hammock

SurvivingtoThriving
12-08-2011, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnPVco3piBU

I am not sure if this is my own idea, if it is not, please inform me!
Would you rather this than a raised bed?

My YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivingtoThriving?feature=mhee#p/u

Rick
12-08-2011, 10:25 AM
That's actually an interesting concept that I've not seen before. It's sort of like a swamp bed in hammock style. I'd bet if you added some evergreen bows or some type of grass or brush (non poisonous of course) to the hammock it might be a bit more comfortable. But for longer term, especially on wet ground, that looks like it would be a decent option. Good post! Had to give you some rep.

SurvivingtoThriving
12-08-2011, 10:31 AM
That's actually an interesting concept that I've not seen before. It's sort of like a swamp bed in hammock style. I'd bet if you added some evergreen bows or some type of grass or brush (non poisonous of course) to the hammock it might be a bit more comfortable. But for longer term, especially on wet ground, that looks like it would be a decent option. Good post! Had to give you some rep.

Thanks, and make sure you don't use poison ivy!!

Sparky93
12-08-2011, 10:39 AM

I thought some evergreen bows sounded like a good idea when I watched it also. Cool idea SurvivingtoThriving! It reminded me of the bambo hammock Dave made in one of the dual survivor episodes.

crashdive123
12-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Nicely done.

jake abraham
12-08-2011, 11:22 AM
cool idea Ithink ever green bows sound like a good idea also

SurvivingtoThriving
12-08-2011, 11:30 AM
I thought some evergreen bows sounded like a good idea when I watched it also. Cool idea SurvivingtoThriving! It reminded me of the bambo hammock Dave made in one of the dual survivor episodes.Yes, I agree, I watched that too.

southard
12-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Great job and I wouldnt worry about using the cordage unless you were surviving naked you would always have something to use as cord.