PDA

View Full Version : Raw TV seeks passionate pioneers

Raw TV
11-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Hello,
I work for a TV production company, Raw TV – we are the makers of the hit Discovery show Gold Rush that follows a group of men from Portland as they risk it all to mine for gold. www.rawtelevision.co.uk

We are currently searching for individuals to take part in our next project. We are looking people who plan to abandon the life they know and lead a group to create a new community in the great American wilderness.

Do you embody the spirit of the American pioneer? Are you determined to leave behind the modern world and forge a new life, built with the frontier grit of your
forefathers? Are you passionate about your beliefs and want to share them not only with those who come with you, but also with a television audience?

If the above describes you, or someone you know, I would love to talk to you.
Please email your contact details and a brief description of your plans – whether imminent or long-term - to casting@rawtelevision.co.uk

Thanks, Poppy

(PS I realise we may have posted on this site before, but please forgive me - this is a new request, with a slightly different goal in mind!)

Sourdough
11-30-2011, 07:32 PM
A Sonny & Cher song comes to mind. "It ain't me babe, no no no, it me babe, it ain't me your looking for". "You say your looking for someone who is never weak, but always strong, it ain't me babe, it ain't me your looking for".....:ohmy:

hunter63
11-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Naw, I'll pass as well........Unless you are casting for "Survivor" some tropical island some where with a bunch of 20 something hotties......

I'll volunteer to be the token "Old guy", get voted off first,... then spend the rest of the 38 days in a hotel somewhere on their dime.
Thanks for asking.

BENESSE
11-30-2011, 09:18 PM
We are currently searching for individuals to take part in our next project. We are looking people who plan to abandon the life they know and lead a group to create a new community in the great American wilderness.

That adds a huge dose of "out there" to the equation.
Good luck.

kyratshooter
11-30-2011, 09:55 PM
I watched a couple of episodes of the gold digging show. I want nothing to do with you nut cases!

Sparky93
11-30-2011, 09:58 PM
I watched a couple of episodes of the gold digging show. I want nothing to do with you nut cases!

LMAO, I watch the gold show for entertainment and see what kind of dumb mistake they are going to make next.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
11-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Well I am durn near ready if one more person p__ses me off! I just may head out to who knows where. Good luck keeping up.

socom2173
12-01-2011, 12:38 AM
You should get in touch with our good friends Cody Lundin and Dave Canterbury they make good drama, oh wait I think they're busy.
Maybe Bear Grylls is available. I hear he's pretty entertaining too!:chair:

el-amigo
12-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Hey, do a tropical island or Amazon trek survivor show, then I'll be your first applicant.

Sparky93
12-01-2011, 01:44 AM
I just want a simple how-to type show, No extravagant locations or Hollywood drama, for all I care it could be in somebodies back yard!

Winnie
12-01-2011, 04:30 AM
I just want a simple how-to type show, No extravagant locations or Hollywood drama, for all I care it could be in somebodies back yard!

What you want is a Ray Mears. Have a look at some of his shows. His Bushcraft series was good, and Wild food.

1stimestar
12-01-2011, 04:32 AM
You contacted me last time and emails sent back and forth, months apart, asking me to interview with you, gave you my contact number 3 times and got no calls. So I don't think I want to be part of a company that doesn't have their **** together to such a degree.

Sparky93
12-01-2011, 09:55 AM
What you want is a Ray Mears. Have a look at some of his shows. His Bushcraft series was good, and Wild food.

I am a fan of Ray Mears, I wish they made more shows like his instead of Hollywood dribble.

el-amigo
12-01-2011, 11:36 AM

Oo! Ray Mears is the master! My personal favourite is the jugle survivor part.

crashdive123
12-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Well - I hope you find what you are looking for. I would also hope that if you are corresponding with a prospective "talent" that you follow through. Your reputation speaks volumes as to the quality of your end product.