PDA

View Full Version : New (store bought) varmint caller

aflineman
11-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Had to go north yesterday, and my Daughter wanted to stop by the mall. Cabelas was having a Veteran's Day sale, which included employee discount for Vets. I wanted a Fox Pro, but didn't have enough cash, even with the discount. Picked up a Primos Turbo Dogg for under $100. Good sounds, and it has some lungs on it. Drove the cat and dog nuts with it last night. No downloadable sounds on the Primos website yet. Should have them by December. Works with some of my MP3 calls from my homemade caller. Takes a bit of time to download though.
Probably be next month before I can get out and try it much. First impressions though, are good.

http://hookedontoys.com/products/2540_TH.jpg

Edit to add: I just hooked up an old patrol car speaker that I use with my home made caller. Hit the Coyote Siren at full volume, and the Wife came down from upstairs to chew me out. My ears are still ringing. (From both the siren and her). [smilie=smiley_abused.gif]

Sourdough
11-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I am planning on attaching speakers under the eave of the new cabin, and have 120 Volt CD player inside the cabin. One wolf or lynx will pay for the system. I wonder if martens can be called.

Sparky93
11-12-2011, 09:26 PM
i am planning on attaching speakers under the eave of the new cabin, and have 120 volt cd player inside the cabin. One wolf or lynx will pay for the system. I wonder if martens can be called.

lol.......

aflineman
11-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Finally got out yesterday. Did not do any really hard hunting. Daughter and her Boyfriend were with me, and we had a lot of folks in the woods getting Christmas trees and riding quads. Mainly just tried the caller for sound throw and clearness. This caller is LOUD, and very clear. Even on the highest setting. Set-up in a large clear-cut that is surrounded by hills. If I turned it right, I got echos for days. :punk:
Called in a few crows and hawks. Kids were restless, so we were not really in concealment at all. All in all though, it was a good day, and this caller seems like it will work well when I get serious with it.