PDA

View Full Version : Mathews Z7 puts "Rage in the cage"

glockcop
11-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Just thought I would pass on my experience with a couple of fantastic products. I was fortunate enough to have taken two private land deer last weekend with my Mathews Z7 bow and two blade Rage broadheads. I am still impressed with the damage a two blade Rage broadhead does and the easy tracking they provide. Both deer had complete pass throughs and neither went more than 40 yards after the "thwack". But to be totally fair, my Hoyt Cyber tec bow and Muzzy broadheads have also been equally lethal for years. There are other great bows and broadheads out there but these are the ones that I rely on to bring home the meat. IMO you can't go wrong with a Mathews or Hoyt bow slinging a Rage or Muzzy broadhead. Good luck to all this hunting season.

crashdive123
11-03-2011, 07:43 AM
When should we expect the samples of venison jerky?

SemperFi
11-03-2011, 10:20 AM
.45ACP: Because I've seen a .45 acp go through a windshield MORE THAN ONCE and kill the bad guy with one shot, no need for 17 round mags

.45ACP: Because even Glock 21 guys no you need more mags cause you cant shoot if your carrying a Glock 19 with "little" bullets.

,45ACP: Because low round count single stack pistols Mean you have to go to the range alot and then in a gun fight 1 or 2 rounds ends that fight!

Just messing with ya GC , I want to get a 19 someday , but I like my 22 and 21 much better!!

hunter63
11-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Glock makes a Bow?????

tj922
11-04-2011, 02:45 PM
.45ACP: Because I've seen a .45 acp go through a windshield MORE THAN ONCE and kill the bad guy with one shot, no need for 17 round mags

.45ACP: Because even Glock 21 guys no you need more mags cause you cant shoot if your carrying a Glock 19 with "little" bullets.
,45ACP: Because low round count single stack pistols Mean you have to go to the range alot and then in a gun fight 1 or 2 rounds ends that fight!

Just messing with ya GC , I want to get a 19 someday , but I like my 22 and 21 much better!!

When asked why I carry a .45 I use the old adage. I carry a .45 becuase shooting twice is just silly. But the 9 is fun, and fast.

glockcop
11-04-2011, 04:36 PM
When should we expect the samples of venison jerky?

Crash, I don't fool around with making venison jerky. Some is ground, some gets made up into roasts, some made up into sausage, but the backs trap is always pan fried. Mmmmm. If I made jerky you would be more than welcome to some but since I don't I'll reserve you a spot at the table on back strap day :). Probably gonna be Sunday. Better buy those plane tickets quick.

glockcop
11-04-2011, 04:44 PM

I know it's all in fun, no problem. Hey, I carry a .40 on the job and sometimes carry a .45 off duty as whim suits. I really like a 9mm because it's easy to control, holds plenty rounds, is as deadly as anything else out there, and is cheaper to shoot. They all have their pros and cons. I just get a kick out of the .45 guys who think they are carrying a "death ray" with .45 stamped on the side. Alot of those guys would benefit from visiting a crime scene or two before believing such foolishness. Be careful out there brother.

glockcop
11-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Glock makes a Bow?????

No, but if they did, I would have to check it out. They do pistols so well my suggestion would be for them to stick to what they know best. Browning markets a bow made by PSE. Also, oddly enough, Winchester has recently gotten into the "bow game". I have no idea who makes them for Winchester but I suspect Martin which is a darn good bow company. I have not had a chance to fondle one personally but they look to be made well from their literature. We'll have to see....verdict still out. I wonder if Sig would give it a shot :)?

Curt
11-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Crash, I don't fool around with making venison jerky. Some is ground, some gets made up into roasts, some made up into sausage, but the backs trap is always pan fried. Mmmmm. If I made jerky you would be more than welcome to some but since I don't I'll reserve you a spot at the table on back strap day :). Probably gonna be Sunday. Better buy those plane tickets quick.

I actually cooked a whole deer (young one) on my grill. Stuffed the chest cavity with onions and potatoes and slit open the hind end and stuffed it with bacon. had to watch the temperature closely but it came out surprisingly moist (for venison) 7024

SemperFi
11-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I carried a 9 for years , I never really liked it ,with that said I really do like the Glock 19 (might've been the gun we carried ruger sucks) , I will have one one day , its hard to beat my Glock 22 , I am a 45 guy , but lately its really .40SW , I really like the round , I will say this for the 9 , it is easier to handle ,you get a few more rounds in the mag and the ammo is way cheaper!

I will be getting a Polish PPS-43C 7.62x25mm in the next week , I just couldnt resist the price is really low and since I already have a Tokarav ,I already have rounds for it! It looks like a winner! Ill take a picture when I get it!