PDA

View Full Version : Catch and call the news team quick- We have Badgers!

Wise Old Owl
10-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Pest Control

We got a call Friday that a woman in suburban Philadelphia had a Badger in her backyard! So I turned to my pest control tech and said if that's true call the news team because Badgers are found in western Ohio that's as close as they come to PA. Obviously its going to be a woodchuck or groundhog. The average people here are clearly pathetic when it comes to identifying wildlife. But - does anyone know what to put in a trap for Badgers? I am guessing fruits like cut apples and stuff - whats the stongest lure? we just don't get these opportunities!

Ted
10-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Meat!!!!! Badgers eat rodents (mice, praire dogs,ground squirrels) Use a piece of tainted meat, stinky but not rotten! Good luck!

SARKY
10-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Badgers are omnivores so a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

TheWaywardOne
10-24-2011, 11:51 AM
If it's a badger I'd try chicken or turkey. Fresh thigh with skin on, or leg. A live chick or poult in a trap would be even better, just not very practical. I've never tried to trap a badger, but I've seen where they've made a mess of a chicken (and pheasant) house more than once.

crashdive123
10-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Talk to H63......he might have some pull with the cheerleaders or band......being from Wisconsin and all.

ClayPick
10-24-2011, 02:06 PM
You need one of these! Dachshound's were bred to go after badgers. My little girl is fearless and will go after ANYTHING!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Singing_Stream/slinkeyofthenorthwood.jpg

hunter63
10-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Talk to H63......he might have some pull with the cheerleaders or band......being from Wisconsin and all.

Beer, cheese, beer brats.........Oh... you mean the the furry animal badger?
Not real sure....they are protected around here and I hope I never get anywhere near one they are NASTY......

Oh yeah, CP, better get a couple of extra weiner dogs, I thinking that they have kinda lost their badger hunting skills........

FVR
10-24-2011, 10:47 PM
I thought I saw a badger down here in Georgia about a year ago. I stopped, turned around, and went back for a second look. It was a monster groundhog that had a patch of light colored hair right on his face and head. Maybe his daddy was a skunk.