PDA

View Full Version : Dock'n Lock & Piggy'Back packs (It is SARKY'S Fault)

Sourdough
09-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Well quite some time ago when I was wanting a E&E or Assault pack, SARKY starts in about his "Kifaru" Dock'n Lock system, with his Kifaru E&E pack and Navigator pack. I took the bait whole, but as I had just bought (3) Three new packs this summer, I was in no mood for another $550.00 pack system.

https://kifaru.net/escape-evade.html

But I really like the idea of a small E&E pack for just the essentials to stay alive. I even ordered the Kifaru E&E pack, but canceled the order. I wanted something very shallow only 3" to 4" deep. Well last trip in the big city, I stopped at Sportsman's Whorehouse, and came home with a "DA KINE" special purpose pack for hauling XC Skies. It is only 3 1/2" deep X 11" wide and 20.5" Tall. It will dock with several of my existing packs. So thanks for the idea SARKY.

BENESSE
09-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Lordamighty, you really need an intervention.:ohmy:

Sourdough
09-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Lordamighty, you really need an intervention.:ohmy:

Ill be fine..........I hope. And I lied, with this weeks pack, that makes (5) Five new packs this summer. And about 28 Packs total, I am fine really. Well, I just need........

BENESSE
09-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Ill be fine..........I hope. And I lied, with this weeks pack, that makes (5) Five new packs this summer. And about 28 Packs total, I am fine really. Well, I just need........

OK. This is a serious question and I'm really curious about your thinking process.
What's the worst that can happen if you don't have just the right pack--one that's not among the 28 you already own? Or...what advantage are you trying eke out by going after that holy grail pack?

Rick
09-28-2011, 09:09 PM
What do you plan to carry in it?

Beans
09-29-2011, 12:54 PM
HI! My name is Sourdough and I am a packoholic. :hugs: :tabletalk:

SARKY
09-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Don't you just love the whole dock and lock concept?

finallyME
09-30-2011, 11:15 AM
You can buy the components for the dock and lock without having to buy the kifaru packs. In fact, you don't even have to buy the components from Kifaru. They are just using the replacement ITW nexus buckles and then coining the term "dock and lock". It is a great idea, though. I just wish their KU packs weren't so much $$. The weights for those KU packs are pretty amazing. 2 lbs 14 oz for their largest 5200 cu in pack. A pack that claims to be able to carry 150 lbs and weight less than 3 lbs is outstanding. I am stealing the KU koala idea for a pack I am making myself.

Willie
10-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Damn, for 500 bucks i will just pay someone to carry my stuff for me!

natertot
10-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Damn, for 500 bucks i will just pay someone to carry my stuff for me!

You mean it doesn't come with its' own legs at that price?!:lol:

SARKY
10-02-2011, 12:20 PM
I went with the Kifaru packs because their military grade packs are rated as "if you can carry it, the pack will hold it" . And I've put that to the test with the wifey filling the pack with river rocks until my legs almost buckled. It also didn't hurt that they had one hell of a sale on their series 1 packs after they cam out with their series 2 packs. Their light weight series is incredible but not as stout as their series 1 or 2. I had piggyback pack systems before but nothing as quick on or off as the dock and lock.