PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Beef Jerky Video

Wingman
09-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Here's a video I made showing you how to make homemade beef jerky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nLwtW0TnOk

Rick
09-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Holly Herkimer, Batman. That's a lotta sugar. 12 kids in town became diabetic because I watched it. Here's my world famous recipe I stole from a tribal witch doctor while deep in the Amazon. And no, I don't like being a pygmy goat. Typing with hooves is hard.

2 lbs. of flank steak
2/3 cup of soy sauce
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons of seasoning salt (recommend Lawry's)
Slice flank steak diagonally with the grain of the meat into very thin slices (If slightly frozen it slices more easily). Combine ingredients and marinate meat overnight or 12 hours. Be sure all pieces are covered (coated) with marinade. Drain excess marinade. Place meat on paper towels to soak up marinade. Meat should be squeezed as dry as possible in paper towels. Place individual pieces of meat on rack in oven at 140 to 160 degrees for seven to 12 hours, or until meat is dry throughout. Leave oven door ajar (slightly open) during the drying process. Meat can also be hung in the oven by placing a wooden toothpick in each piece and strung from the rack. Store finished jerky in an airtight container. It keeps for several months, but it is likely that it will be consumed by the master hunter, kids, or the cook within a few days.

Wingman
09-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Holly Herkimer, Batman. That's a lotta sugar. 12 kids in town became diabetic because I watched it. Here's my world famous recipe I stole from a tribal witch doctor while deep in the Amazon. And no, I don't like being a pygmy goat. Typing with hooves is hard.

2 lbs. of flank steak
2/3 cup of soy sauce
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons of seasoning salt (recommend Lawry's)
Slice flank steak diagonally with the grain of the meat into very thin slices (If slightly frozen it slices more easily). Combine ingredients and marinate meat overnight or 12 hours. Be sure all pieces are covered (coated) with marinade. Drain excess marinade. Place meat on paper towels to soak up marinade. Meat should be squeezed as dry as possible in paper towels. Place individual pieces of meat on rack in oven at 140 to 160 degrees for seven to 12 hours, or until meat is dry throughout. Leave oven door ajar (slightly open) during the drying process. Meat can also be hung in the oven by placing a wooden toothpick in each piece and strung from the rack. Store finished jerky in an airtight container. It keeps for several months, but it is likely that it will be consumed by the master hunter, kids, or the cook within a few days.

It's funny when the jerky dries there is just a hint of brown sugar taste. I think the liquid smoke and the pepper cut the sweet taste..
I copied your recipe it sounds like its some great tasting stuff!