PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff

Chris
09-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Couple things.

1. We have a new classifieds forum. If you have something you want to sell, you may post it there. You may not link to another website to sell the product. So no "Come to this website to buy my product." You have to sell the product here. No links to ebay, or your own website, or whatever. Which doesn't mean you can't also sell it somewhere else, but you just can't use the forum as a mere advertisement for the other location.

2. Only members with 100+ posts are allowed to sell things. All members can buy things.

3. To facilitate this there are now three usergroups for members where there used to be 1.

New Members people who just joined and have less than 10 posts. These people cannot blog, can send fewer PMs, cannot post visitor messages on profile, etc etc. This is a restricted account to hopefully cut down on spamming.

Regular Members people who have between 10 and 100 posts. These people have all privileges you're used to.

Senior Members people who have 100+ posts. Same as Regular Members, but allowed to post classifieds.

Sourdough
09-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Good move Chris, Thank you for the "Buy/Sell Thingie".

Willie
09-21-2011, 12:19 PM
My wife said thanks....now I have another place to buy stuff and spend money! Wooohooo

Willie

COWBOYSURVIVAL
09-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Good move! hopefully it will benefit the forum and it's members.

hunter63
09-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah, cool, Thanks!

natertot
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
This is awesome! I just really hope that it doesn't get abused. I hate when good things go down the crapper because they want to be jack donkeys. I was wondering if in addition to a "selling" forum if there could also be a trade/barter forum. Just a little side thought.

crashdive123
09-21-2011, 04:42 PM
We're pretty good about sorting out the jack donkeys. I don't see a reason why an item listed for sale couldn't be purchased through barter. The sale is between two individuals, so what ever terms they come to should be fine. I will add - it is best that those terms be handled via PM.

Rick
09-21-2011, 05:46 PM
When all else fails, check the instructions.

4. Sellers may sell in any format they desire. Flat price classifieds, auction, whatever.

I think barter falls in the "whatever" category. I second the use of the PM.

woodsman86
09-21-2011, 05:53 PM
I agree with Crash, terms should be discussed privately. I wouldn't want someone upset because someone else got a better deal or something. I think is a great thing to have, plus you save paying seller fees on auction sites.

Rick
09-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Whoa! Wait just a minute! Back the truck up. Sellers fees? There...er, a...there's another rule about 10% to mods and admins. It must have gotten left off somehow. I'll make sure it gets added back in though.

woodsman86
09-21-2011, 07:11 PM
No, I think Chris said he was just going to double your current salary for handling the extra traffic.

Rick
09-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Ohhhh. Well in that case...hey, wait a minute.

Chris
09-21-2011, 08:50 PM
This is awesome! I just really hope that it doesn't get abused. I hate when good things go down the crapper because they want to be jack donkeys. I was wondering if in addition to a "selling" forum if there could also be a trade/barter forum. Just a little side thought.

You can barter if you want.

Here would be a hypothetical example.

Hi, I have a bunch of extra tools, they are:

oscillating saw
jigsaw
belt sander
etc
etc
etc

I want to trade them for something I need, I need the following:

angle grinder
door from a 57 chevy
a cowboy hat

Let me know if anyone wants to make a trade.

Its all very very casual. It is whatever you want to make of it. Just no spamming.

Willie
09-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Just a thought! A car forum I belong to, when a seller sells something they always make a donation to the forum!

Willie

Rick
09-21-2011, 11:14 PM
He means donated to the forum MODS. See that folks? That Willie is always thinking. I told ya'll he was a good guy. The mods are allowed to accept donations...in large bills of course.