PDA

View Full Version : Why does this happen?

Beo
02-05-2008, 02:57 PM
After several minutes (2 or 3) without activity I tme out and have to log in again, this is rough when posting as sometimes it won't take my post because I was typing to long. Can I fix this or is this just gonna happen.

Rick
02-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Next to your sign in, there is a little box that says "Remember Me". check mark that when you sign in. I think the default time out for vBulletin is something like 15 minutes of inactivity (Chris can set it for whatever he wants). Try the check mark and you should be okay.

trax
02-05-2008, 07:22 PM
What a couple of spoilsports, didn't you see how much fun we could have had messing with him with a question like that?

"I dunno Beo...doesn't happen to anyone else...."

"Just how long winded are your posts getting to be bro?"

oh man the possibilites were just RIFE....:mad:

Tony uk
02-05-2008, 07:26 PM
What a couple of spoilsports, didn't you see how much fun we could have had messing with him with a question like that?

"I dunno Beo...doesn't happen to anyone else...."

"Just how long winded are your posts getting to be bro?"

oh man the possibilites were just RIFE....:mad:

Pift, Patience my friend, wait for a even better oppertunity

Rick
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
It's okay, Tony. He's always looking for the cheap laugh. (Frocks and Fairies come to mind?). He's going to make a very very cruel lord and ruler.

Beo - I guess you see who your TRUE friends are, huh?

Tony uk
02-05-2008, 07:44 PM
It's okay, Tony. He's always looking for the cheap laugh. (Frocks and Fairies come to mind?). He's going to make a very very cruel lord and ruler.

Beo - I guess you see who your TRUE friends are, huh?

Yep, thats why im planning to go underground ;)

:p

Beo
02-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Nice try Trax, Wood i got high speed cable, and had the same problem as you did, and it only happens here, though not since I did like Rick said, Thanks Rick.

Rick
02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
No problem, Beo for President. I got your back......ooh. Twinkies.........(wanders off).

Assassin Pilot
02-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Beo for dictator :p

Rick
02-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey AP - Go delete that nasty word you posted over on the other thread. That ain't cool.

Assassin Pilot
02-06-2008, 11:45 PM
sir yes sir

Chris
02-06-2008, 11:49 PM
This is usually a cookie problem. Many places/software will inappropriately block cookies as a security threat. In reality they are as big a threat as actual cookies.

http://www.thiefware.com/cookies.spyware.shtml

So anyways... make sure you have cookies enabled for this site (or all sites, I always turn my browser settings to the lowest security level for cookies) and hit that checkbox Rick mentioned, and you're all set, it should keep you logged in for months and months. So long that you'll forget your password.

Tony uk
02-07-2008, 01:09 PM
This is usually a cookie problem. Many places/software will inappropriately block cookies as a security threat. In reality they are as big a threat as actual cookies.

http://www.thiefware.com/cookies.spyware.shtml

So anyways... make sure you have cookies enabled for this site (or all sites, I always turn my browser settings to the lowest security level for cookies) and hit that checkbox Rick mentioned, and you're all set, it should keep you logged in for months and months. So long that you'll forget your password.

I get the strange feeling that you have forgotten your password :p