PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Food

golddigger14s
09-05-2011, 04:25 PM
I recently found a great alternative to Mountain House.

I included the website here, but it was removed because it was nothing but spam. I didn't really "find" it since that is my site. I realize now that I should have contacted the owner of this site to inquire about paying for advertising, but thought I would take the cheap and free route. That's not working out so well for me now.

Sourdough
09-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Great first post is a sales pitch........Welcome to the world of the PRE-Banned.

crashdive123
09-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Good call Sourdough. You must be psychotic because you predicted that one.

Sourdough
09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Hehehehehehehe

jennifermnicole
10-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Today very few people consider the option of storing food long term. The reason is most of them do not want to get into the hassle of managing and taking care of the foods stored. Also, there is less time and space in houses and the main thing is that people think that when supermarkets are open 24/7 there is no need to store food in bulk quantity.

crashdive123
10-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Today very few people consider the option of storing food long term. The reason is most of them do not want to get into the hassle of managing and taking care of the foods stored. Also, there is less time and space in houses and the main thing is that people think that when supermarkets are open 24/7 there is no need to store food in bulk quantity.

How do you come to that conclusion?

SHTFMIKE
10-25-2012, 01:17 PM

NOT storing long term foods in my opinion would be a stupid thing to do. If the SHTF tomorrow where is the food going to come from?
If the SHTF hard enough trucking would cease and those grocery stores would dry up within the first few hours. With no new stocks coming in people will get desperate fast.
With long term food storage, feeding you and your own will be one less thing you have to worry about.

Wildthang
10-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Not storing food, at least some food is stupid!