PDA

View Full Version : Can"t wait for October!!!!

glockcop
08-25-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm, at work right now with a few case files staring at me but all I can do is daydream about the comming deer season. In about a month I'm going to disk up a few food plots and recut some trails with the bushhog. I've been practicing with my bows and refletching arrows till I almost puke. I am ready for some real white tail fur instead of foam targets. I hunt hogs too but in my mind, deer is "where it's at". Who else is busting at the seams for deer season to finally get here, or is it just me?....

flatlander88
08-25-2011, 03:08 PM
I've been out scouting the last few weeks, plenty of deer to choose from. Mostly does but I have seen a few bucks. (I don't trophy hunt, I enjoy the hunt as much as the deer) Our season here starts Sept. 19th. I am going to first try to blackpowder hunt and fill my tag early because of an elk hunt in the middle of October. Here in KS you can buy one whitetail only tag and use it in BP, archery, or rifle until it's filled. You have to hunt within the appropriate season with appropriate equipment. I normally bow hunt but lately I have been wanting to change it up a little. To answer your question, yes I am ready for deer season to get here.

Flatlander

tipacanoe
08-25-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm ready for November and gun season. Our black powder is in December, and I may try that if I get shut out again this year during the gun season. I really need to take up a bow, the extended season below I-95 starts early next month.

glockcop
08-25-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm ready for November and gun season. Our black powder is in December, and I may try that if I get shut out again this year during the gun season. I really need to take up a bow, the extended season below I-95 starts early next month.

You really need to give bow hunting a try. You don't have to buy an $800.00 Mathews or Hoyt but I most certainly recommend them. You can get a really good bow like a Quest, Martin, or Parker for half of that coin. Also PSE, Carbon Express, and Gold tip make great arrows that won't break the bank. Just buy medium priced equipment and you'll be an efficient, deadly, bow huntin' fool before you know it. Don't go for bargain basement stuff because you'll be sorry. On the other side of the coin, don't buy the most expensive stuff either because the cost is not equal to the gain. Medium priced equipment all the way. As an example of a GREAT medium priced set up would be a Quest Hammer (compound bow) for about $399.00 and a dozen PSE STL Hunter arrows for about $85.00 cut and shipped. Throw in any $50.00ish quiver, some Muzzy broadheads ($25.00), a $60.00 fall away rest (QAD Hunter Highly recommended), a $65.00 three pin sight, and a $35.00 release and kill all the venison you can eat. OOOORRR, You could forget everything I just said and pick out one of the great bow packages through Hunter's Friend. Check out the Quest package.....SMOKING DEAL at $499.00. With these packages you can upgrade certain accessories and I recommend ditching the wisker biscuit (get a fall away rest). Buscuits wreck fleching in short order and are noisy with a fast bow like this. I am in no way affiliated with Hunters Friend but they offer truely great deals for the budding bowhunter. I hope my recommending a company by name does not break any forum rules. Moderators, I appologize in advanced if so.