PDA

View Full Version : Got BOB?

crashdive123
08-16-2011, 06:20 AM
I wonder how many residents of this apartment complex were prepared for a quick exit? http://www.news4jax.com/news/28875828/detail.html This happened to be an apartment complex - could have just as easily been "the house next door".

Rick
08-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Good post. Common everyday events can sure bite you in the butt if you don't plan for it. Sadly, that's pretty common today.

BENESSE
08-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Definitely something to think about. Especially in my case. I only have one, mother of all BOBs which isn't the perfect one to have if I'm just evacuating to a hotel with everything else around me being normal.
Hiking boots and 5 ways to make fire isn't gonna do me much good when I need to get up the next day and go to work looking presentable, file insurance and god knows what else.
Some of y'all have every kind of BOB imaginable but I don't, due to space constraints. Now that's gotta change. Not every SHTF is TEOTWAWKI.

letslearntogether47
08-16-2011, 07:48 AM
What good would a BOB do?Unless you keep one 24/7 in your vehicle.

"Residents of the building are not being allowed back in their apartments"

Winnie
08-16-2011, 08:06 AM
I knew there was a reason for a clothes BOB that's not in the house.
Bee, room for a clothes BOB at work?

Rick
08-16-2011, 09:25 AM
LLT - You grab and go. Mine is in the closet by the front door. Grab it and out the door.

What if I can't get to the closet?! Oh, crap! Here we go again........

letslearntogether47
08-16-2011, 09:36 AM
LLT - You grab and go. Mine is in the closet by the front door. Grab it and out the door.

What if I can't get to the closet?! Oh, crap! Here we go again........

I was just curious.
Thinking of getting together one using a medium alice pack.
I always keep a small emergency kit in the vehicle.Especially during the winter time.

Sarge47
08-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Must have been big doin's, the writer of the article was so excited he mispelled "blast" and the copy editor didn't catch it! :cool2: :sneaky2: :innocent:

crashdive123
08-16-2011, 11:08 AM
What good would a BOB do?Unless you keep one 24/7 in your vehicle.

"Residents of the building are not being allowed back in their apartments"

In a case like this those displaced residents (still not allowed back) still have lives. They still need to go to work. A change of clothes, some toiletry items, and copies of insurance paperwork might come in handy even if only for a day or two. Maybe all they need is their cell phone and wallet with credit cards, but more might be useful.