PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Price Finder

Batch
05-22-2011, 02:56 PM
I am sure others have seen this. I had not seen this site. It is supposed to track ammo prices. What do you all think?

http://www.ammoengine.com/

crashdive123
05-22-2011, 03:10 PM
I've never purchased ammunition on-line. For those that have - how does the shipping costs affect the pricing?

rwc1969
05-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Do you ever wonder if these sites are set up to gather data about you?

Let's say you type in .45 and it takes your IP info and what ammo you searched for and submits it to a database that could be used to essentially spy on you.

"What? you don't own a .45? Well, why were you searching for .45 ammo then?"

canid
05-22-2011, 11:41 PM
no, it's google and bing who do that.

hunter63
05-23-2011, 10:31 AM
I sure that just about every type of browser track your movements.

Thanks for the site, though....I have see it, but a lot of people haven't.
Mostly you see Sportsmans Guide and Cheaper Than Dirt on that site...Those I use for surplus ammo.

Shipping depends on what kinda deal they have going on.....So I do watch the sales.

Powder and primers have a hazmat fee involved, so i try to bunch my orders , same fee for several containers of powder, and so on.....But you can't ship powder and primers in the same box.

rwc1969
05-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Do primers require hazmat? I wanted to ship some percussion caps to YCC and the post office said it was a no no because it was going on a plane.

hunter63
05-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Do primers require hazmat? I wanted to ship some percussion caps to YCC and the post office said it was a no no because it was going on a plane.

You know that's a good question....Midway just said they wouldn't ship primers and powder in the same box.
I'm thinking, Yes.

Seems the post office doesn't want to ship anything that has anything to do with ammo, firearms etc....Funny as we all know the postal employees are the best armed group in the country...(OK, OK, Just a Joke).

Fed Ex or UPS seems to be the preferred way.
Talk about tracking your purchases, my UPS gal has a pretty good idea what's up, with the cartons from Midway, SG and Cheaper Than Dirt......