PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready? Or more importantly are you willing? Just food for thought.

Pal334
05-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Twice this weekend passenger (s) there were incidents on airlines involving unruly pasengers, and in at least one occasion the person tried to "breach" the cockpit door. Would you be willing to help subdue this type of person, or standby and let someone else take care of it? I not looking for judgemental answers, mostly presenting this as a thought provoker.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/05/09/california.passenger.subdued/index.html?iref=obinsite

Partial excerpt:

"CNN) -- The Transportation Security Administration and San Francisco police are investigating a security incident from a flight Sunday night in which an unruly passenger headed toward the cockpit door, an American Airlines spokesman said Monday.

The passenger was quickly restrained by employees and passengers on American Airlines Flight 1561, spokesman Tim Smith said."

Sourdough
05-09-2011, 08:27 AM
YEP, I would GO 100% to restrain snot'ball from the cabin. (Note: Restrain means grab Douche'bag by throat, and Choke the Life out of them, and/or apply pressure till said Douche'bag goes limp, then stomp on said douche'bags head).

preachtheWORD
05-09-2011, 09:49 AM
I have already informed my wife that if we are ever in such a situation I WILL take action. That is why I carry a big life insurance policy.

Alaskan Survivalist
05-09-2011, 10:03 AM
I will never subject myself to airline hospitality. I was fed up when they wanted my shoes removed. Herded, poked, proded and cavity searched...no thanks. If it was just a matter of being "unruly" I would probably be cheering them on.

Winnie
05-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Absolutely, I would. Although my targets would be somewhat lower than Sourdoughs'.I would rather take a chance with one individual than gravity.

BENESSE
05-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Came close a few times, just didn't want to embarrass Mr. B.
It wouldn't take much to get on my last nerve when flying.

BENESSE
05-09-2011, 11:01 AM
p.s. no, it wasn't Mr. B who got unruly.

Rick
05-09-2011, 12:17 PM
AS - You were only cavity searched because she took a liking to you.

Yeah, I'd have to give it a go. I've always figure a ball point pen would make a dandy sharp point to stab with. But like AS I don't care to fly any more than I have to. It's just way too much of a hassle anymore. Besides, when they run me through the full body scan every one gets sick.

crashdive123
05-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Without a doubt, and without hesitation.

SARKY
05-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I refuse to fly anymore! The Airlines can kiss my butt, and their lips are the only thing I'll let them touch me with! Has anyone yet heard just how much radiation you are subjected to when they use the nudie scan? But yes, if they were trying to breach the cabin, I would take them out of the gene pool.

your_comforting_company
05-09-2011, 09:56 PM
This "thought provoker" has been in my head for a couple days now. It's not just airlines.. It's convenience stores in small rural communities too.

http://bainbridgega.com/news/publish/050711murder.shtml

The man that was killed was one of my friends. We used to fish Spring Creek together a LOT when we were younger. I've spent a lot of time with the man in the past and I think that if I had gone to the store to get a drink, instead of taking the back road to visit my parents, perhaps my friend and I could have prevented this. We were less than a mile away when this all went down.
Would I intervene in a situation like that? Of course.

Crazies are everywhere and it's only getting worse. You better be ready to take action at any time and any place.