PDA

View Full Version : Hey, where YCC be at?

BENESSE
05-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Just noticed he hasn't been around in a few days.
You just can't go off without letting people know where you at. We start to worry and all, and before you know it we're sending the dogs out to find you.

Winnie
05-06-2011, 03:13 AM
He was logged on yesterday. Maybe he's being coy? lol

Sourdough
05-06-2011, 03:33 AM
Just noticed he hasn't been around in a few days.
You just can't go off without letting people know where you at. We start to worry and all, and before you know it we're sending the dogs out to find you.

If I go away from the forum, I request that you send Beavers to make sure I am OK.

crashdive123
05-06-2011, 05:30 AM
If I go away from the forum, I request that you send Beavers to make sure I am OK.

I would expect no less of a request from a retired Alaska Bush Pilot that knows his aircraft.:innocent:

your_comforting_company
05-06-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm still here! been really busy lately. These storms that keep pushing through have me working from sun-up to sun-down. I haven't been doing a lot of "out and about" type stuff so I haven't had much to add. Mostly just working which is great since I had that long lull around christmas. In the last 5 weeks I've hired and lost two helpers so it's still just me against all this work and it keeps piling up. Now I'm working on a list of roofs for July...
I still read when I have a chance, but If I don't have anything objective to add, I usually just stay quiet. I was on yesterday at lunch to read the boards. I scanned through real quick then took a nap for about 30 minutes. Was in the bed before the kids last night!

On a positive note, the last job I did was for a wonderful man of 80 years who remembers and still practices all his families old ways of "putting by" as he called it. He gave me an olive tree (which I forgetfully left by the hydrant oops!), some pickled okra that he canned, some crystal pickles (they are sweet and much like candy), some fig preserves, and a tiny commercially tanned deer skin with fur on. Best of all, He's agreed to teach me to do my own canning when my crops are ripe!! So expect lots of pics and recipes and instructions in a few months. He shared a lot of old wisdom with me and I told him that I wished I had a way to record our conversations. I cherish every moment I get to spend with older folks who are willing to share what they know.

Besides that, I've been working on bee equipment a little, and a few other projects, like soapbox molds. I'm attending soapmaking classes on the 10th and 12th and the lady who is hosting the workshop has agreed to let me sell them to the class to help make the difference in gas costs, and possibly pay dues for the bee club. Working on the swarm bucket, a nuc hive, and bee-vac, and still studying growing habits of many wild plants.

Oh.. and then theres still the garden which has to be tended. Potatoes are just about ready to be picked, so I gotta make a root-cellar / tater-bin to store those.. Two rows or Irish and half a row of new (red) potatoes. Half a row of okra, 6 rows of zipper peas, 2 rows of squash, a row of cukes, and a row of carrots. Got about 25 birds-eye pepper plants that I have to make beds for, two stevia plants that I need to get pictures of and pot in bigger baskets, and 6 seemingly dead asimina triloba trees to set out.

Sorry for my absence.. I've been pretty busy!
Still haven't had a chance to get by the post office to send crash his leather, but I haven't forgotten! Please be patient with me.. I've got a lot on my plate and just haven't been able to break away while the p.o. is open!

One bit of disappointing news.. I missed the ad in the paper where the state park is hiring a new worker. They conducted interviews yesterday. Whoever they hire won't do as good a job as I would.. that would be my dream job: working in a place that embraces nature and recreational activities! Oh well, it's their loss!

And I don't know what it is about the young people these days.. Either they all have DUI's or some other drama that keeps them from being able to grow up and be responsible. Where did the spirit of honor go? What happened to determination and common sense? I thought in this day and age everyone knew that if you're going to drink, stay where you are!!!

ok.. I went off on a tangent there.. Yep. I'm still around hahaha!

BENESSE
05-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Happy to see you're OK!
Run, don't walk to the state park people and make your case!!! If by some chance they haven't hired anyone yet and are mulling over the choices, you might still have a chance. You've got nothing to loose, and God works in mysterious ways.

Winnie
05-06-2011, 08:49 AM
I agree with Bee, take a drive over to the Park and make your self known. It never hurts to blow your own trumpet, and you might just make them think.