PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new Kit Bag

Beo
04-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Alright peeps, I am in need of a new Bug Out Bag and I need help coming to a choice. Here are a few of things I need in the bag.
Gotta take a Camel Bak for water, at least 5 MREs (broke down outta the pouch or comparable food), a good 1st Aid Kit, one set of clothing to include a wind breaker and poncho, an extra pair of shoes, one box of .45 ammo, Needs to have a few outside pockets (3), Gotta Hold a mess kit, compass, waterproff matches, solar blanket, chemlights, and a few smaller items like flashlight and such.
Now it's gotta be small enough I can just grab it and toss it on my back and go at a moments notice.
Price shouldn't be over $150.00 if I can help it. Colors I want are either Black, Green, Tan or Kahki, or Grey (sorry no bright colors... lol)
Any help would be really great.
Thanks
Beo,

BENESSE
04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Now it's gotta be small enough I can just grab it and toss it on my back and go at a moments notice.
Beo,

Just curious.
Why so small? I'm guessing you could toss a larger one on your back comfortably, so why limit yourself? I understand that you don't want to weigh yourself down any more than you need to but...where, and how are you going at the moment's notice?

Beo
04-27-2011, 10:08 PM
In Afghanistan and Iraq we have had to exit our vehicle really really quick and grab what we could and hit cover, while I want it small I am 6' 4" tall and weigh in at 235 lbs. so small to me is kinda like medium to alot of people. What I don't want is a military Large Alice Pack or civillian counter part. I want the inside padded a little because I have been stuck out there in the Kush Mountains for at least 3 days. Hope that helps sum up what Im looking for.
Beo,

Sourdough
04-28-2011, 07:31 AM
http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/Backpacks/RUSH-72-Backpack.html#

crashdive123
04-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Hard to go wrong with 511 or Maxpedition.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/CONDOR-II-BACKPACK-12p106.htm

or

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Vulture-II-Backpack-12p114.htm

SARKY
05-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Hey Beo, Check this out, www.specopstech.com. check out their "go bag" and "go bag extended" I think they fit your criteria. The go bag is $110.00 and the extended is $135.00

Stryker1
05-14-2011, 12:54 PM
This is what I would go for.

http://www.eberlestock.com/G2%20Gunslinger%20II.htm

I have this one:
http://www.eberlestock.com/X1S%20pack.htm

H&KMP
09-04-2011, 04:32 PM
about the camelbak, any idea what material/s that stuff is made out of? I'm talking specifically about the water container. I imagine it'll probably be plastic, and personally, that's always a no-go for me.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
09-04-2011, 04:41 PM
New Medium Alice get's my vote. (no frame)

H&KMP
09-04-2011, 04:45 PM
In Afghanistan and Iraq we have had to exit our vehicle really really quick and grab what we could and hit cover, while I want it small I am 6' 4" tall and weigh in at 235 lbs. so small to me is kinda like medium to alot of people. What I don't want is a military Large Alice Pack or civillian counter part. I want the inside padded a little because I have been stuck out there in the Kush Mountains for at least 3 days. Hope that helps sum up what Im looking for.
Beo,

not exactly answering ur question (yet! but let me make this point since i thought of it first), but... in situations like that where u might expect to get hit any time, wouldnt u want to consider having that something, ie. ur bug out bag, always on u? so ie. wear it first. Dont wait for the "rush and grab". I cant remember right now which famous guy said this (I remember this in relation to the RSK Mk5 knife, which i was researching some time back. Maybe it was some reviewer, maybe it was Doug, but i dont see it on his page), but... "if it's not on you, then it's useless". Granted, bigger and bulkier (and worthy!) gear is always welcome... but sometimes u just wont be able to have that.

As for a suggestion... I just thought of the ribz frontpack (i stumbled upon this while checking out Mykel Hawkes). But then again, it might get in the way of ur webbing?

Rick
09-04-2011, 06:23 PM
The OP is in Afghanistan.

H&KMP
09-04-2011, 06:32 PM
presently?

Rick
09-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes. He's working with a private security contractor.

H&KMP
09-04-2011, 06:41 PM
ok. Interesting. I dont get how ur point about him presently being in afghanistan relates to the discussion, though. He's there, so he cant order any stuff online? or?

crashdive123
09-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Probably that he won't be responding to this thread. Hasn't been on much since he went back.

Rick
09-04-2011, 06:43 PM
He has not been checking in so he won't see your post. He was just home for a short time and was online while home but hasn't been on line during any of his time overseas. I was just letting you know he was not around.

EDIT: We post a lot together. You ever notice that?

H&KMP
09-04-2011, 06:48 PM
He has not been checking in so he won't see your post. He was just home for a short time and was online while home but hasn't been on line during any of his time overseas. I was just letting you know he was not around.

EDIT: We post a lot together. You ever notice that?

right. Thanks! I dont see how posting to answer his question would pose a problem, though. It's not like i'm asking for help from him. He can reply later, that's fine.

Us posting together? I just happen to be at the comp right now....

Rick
09-04-2011, 06:49 PM
No. no problem. I was just trying to be helpful.

Crash and I posted at the same time. 6:43.

Canadian-guerilla
09-05-2011, 11:12 AM
if you're willing to spend $150
maybe look into a high quality camera bag with multi pockets / sections

or maybe something from Lowepro

Beans
09-05-2011, 11:38 AM
new medium alice get's my vote. (no frame)

yuuuuup. +1

09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I purchased this bag in multi cam & I highly recommend it! http://www.amronintl.com/products.cfm?pageID=5056
Here is a great review with lots of pictures & a comparison to the Maxpedition Condor II