PDA

View Full Version : bottling tea

snakeman
04-27-2011, 08:02 PM
I was wondering if I were to make some willow tea (or any other teas), if it would still work if i were to just store it in my fridge until i needed it? Like if i were to get a headache, it would be much more convenient to grab a bottle of willow tea than to simmer some bark for half an hour. It seems like it would work fine, but i've never heard of anyone doing it. Any thoughts?

randyt
04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
I've not heard of that either. Perhaps a tincture of sorts would be a better option.

your_comforting_company
04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
I say try it and see how long it stores. I've not heard of it before either, but definately worth investigating.

welderguy
04-27-2011, 09:25 PM
In one of my natural remedy books it mentions storing herbal infusions(teas) for up to 48 hours. Nothing is mentioned what happens to of after that time period.

BENESSE
04-27-2011, 09:51 PM
It's much safer refrigerating it.
I've had green tea made up and sitting in the fridge for at least 3 months. Now tinctures require some expertise (which I don't possess) and can be good for at least a year.

snakeman
05-04-2011, 07:45 AM
okay thanks for the replies. I haven't had a chance yet to try it out, but when i do, i will get back to y'all

kyratshooter
05-09-2011, 03:20 PM
OR,

There are those little things called aspirin that you take from the bottle, and swallow with the aid of some liquid. They have a 5 year shelf life as tested by the U.S. Army. The actual use date may be longer since the Army only tested to the 5 year point and found full potency at that date. And, Aspirin have been used for over 100 years with great success.

I can tell you how they work right now. I take one every day per Dr's orders and take a couple more each day if I have an ache or pain. Apparently they work fine since I have had no continued heart attacks and my back stops hurting when I take two of the miricle pills.

They do not mold, stagnate, mutate or make you grow hair on your plams if shoved to the back of the fridge.

A single bottle of 500 costs less than the trip to the woods to gather the willow bark and the fuel used to boil the whole mess.