PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Cooking Methods

IA Woodsman
04-26-2011, 06:48 PM
As anyone who has camped with me knows I like to cook when I am in the woods. There are 4 basic methods that work well in the woods.

1. Boiling- the most nutritious
2. Baking- easy to do with foil or a dutch oven
3. Roasting(Planking)- no cookware needed
4. Frying- least healthy, but best tasting

A8PHHH1PBrg

gryffynklm
04-26-2011, 06:56 PM
IA, nice video, I like the way you cook.

Rick
04-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Well, I apologize. I must have completely missed the dinner invite. Maybe it would up in my junk mail folder. In any case, you did a nice job on the video and the food. A little rep your way.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-26-2011, 08:30 PM
I enjoyed the video too! IA Woodsman! I will be spending alot of time out this summer as it has really made my outlook alot better on life with just one short trip! Care to share your bannok recipe?

crashdive123
04-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Another great video. Thanks.

finallyME
04-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Excellent video.

pgvoutdoors
04-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Very good video, I'm sure you peaked some interest in a number of people.

I haven't quite gotten into the video age yet. People like yourself have contributed much to the wilderness skills education through you videos. Keep up the good work.

Justin Case
04-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Cool,, Thanks :)

JPGreco
04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
what about the buried slow cook method? lol

Nice video. I loved using the dutch oven in scouts and really need to go buy myself one.

IA Woodsman
04-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Well, I apologize. I must have completely missed the dinner invite. Maybe it would up in my junk mail folder. In any case, you did a nice job on the video and the food. A little rep your way.
Come on over any time

I enjoyed the video too! IA Woodsman! I will be spending alot of time out this summer as it has really made my outlook alot better on life with just one short trip! Care to share your bannok recipe?
It is
1 cup of flour
1 Tsp of baking powder
1/8 Tsp of salt
Then add what ever you want. You can also cheat and use Bisquik

Very good video, I'm sure you peaked some interest in a number of people.

I haven't quite gotten into the video age yet. People like yourself have contributed much to the wilderness skills education through you videos. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, glad you enjoy them.