PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels signed a new gun law in Indiana Monday.

Rick
04-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels signed a new gun law in Indiana Monday. Employers will no longer be allowed to ask their workers if they're carrying guns or ammunition in their vehicles.

When you all get tired of living in those communist states you can move here where men are still free....sort of.

crashdive123
04-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Another small victory for freedom.

Rick
04-20-2011, 09:03 AM
I have to say that our legislators are pretty level headed around here. Common sense seems to be a common virtue.

crashdive123
04-20-2011, 09:09 AM
There is a bill going through the halls of Congress in Tallahassee that would allow CC permit holders to open carry. I really hope it passes - not so much that I want to strap a gun on my hip and walk around town (but I might), but with the "brandishing" laws that are on the books now - unless you are carrying in a waist pack, or some sort of bag it can be difficult to conceal a weapon in the summer.

Rick
04-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Our permit is just a permit. It doesn't designate open or concealed. So you are free to do whichever you prefer. I do open carry in the woods but never around town. I don't worry about open carry if I'm heading to the woods and have to stop for gas for example but I do leave it in the truck if I have to go inside. Just as a courtesy to the folks working there. We have some off limits places just like every state but I've never seen a sign in any store that said "No Guns".

roar-k
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Our permit is just a permit. It doesn't designate open or concealed. So you are free to do whichever you prefer. I do open carry in the woods but never around town. I don't worry about open carry if I'm heading to the woods and have to stop for gas for example but I do leave it in the truck if I have to go inside. Just as a courtesy to the folks working there. We have some off limits places just like every state but I've never seen a sign in any store that said "No Guns".

TN also has a HCP, which does not limit you to concealed or open carry. I am very much pleased with this, but there are more and more places I am seeing with a "No Guns Allowed" being posted. I do not know what to think of it to be honest.

kyratshooter
04-20-2011, 11:25 AM
So, Indianna is giving you "permission" to do what the constitution said you couold already do. Good move. No one ever realized that asking if someone were armed "illigally" and expecting an answer was violation of 5th ammendment? Constitutionally, you can not be asked, just like any of the other questions an employer can not ask.

Same thing in a state that does not allow one to carry a weapon in their car. It is unconctitutional for the police to ask due to self incrimination. If you refuse to answer they consider it probable cause to search, if you say yes you have confessed to a crime without legal counsel. If your state allows legal car transport asking is OK.

When I am carrying concealed I pay not one bit of attention to their signs.

I decided a long time ago that Walmart does not have the ability to deprive me of a constitutional right. And I don't care about their "private property rights", they invited me to come in. They sent me a thing in the mail and said come down here and buy stuff! I am not violating their rights by exercising mine responsibly. It they were interested in private property rights they would not buy 100% of their goods from China.

Concealed is concealed, not partly hanging out where someone might accidently see it.

One thing I have learned from having the CCW is that if you are really carrying concealed no one sees the weapon, no one knows you have the weapon, no one asks about the weapon. I have never been asked about the presence of any of my CCW guns. People are simply not paying that much attention. They are busy shopping and talking on their cell phone and dodging other shoppers to check and see if my 5 shot snubby is "printing". And i quit wearing skin tight jeans long ago. That helps.

My CCW is a thing I carry in case I have to shoot someone and the police arrive and want to know if I have one.

Rick does have a problem in Indiannia, carrying while wearing the hong.

randyt
04-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just happy to see us?

Rick
04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
How fortunate that you live in a state that has no laws governing weapons. You are one step ahead of us but then again, that just makes for a better target. The Hong is really no problem unless you carry a heavy weapon. It will pull down where the weapon is carried. Butt, there are ways around that.

And what are you doing buying Chinese goods?!

crashdive123
04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Ho The Hong is really no problem unless you carry a heavy weapon. It will pull down where the weapon is carried. Butt, there are ways around that.

He does shows nightly at seven with matinees on Wednesday at one.

Sarge47
04-20-2011, 12:00 PM
He does shows nightly at seven with matinees on Wednesday at one.
Rick has no problem concealing his pistol while wearing the thong; his stomach acts as natural camoflage. Also, who in their right mind would pat him down when he's wearing it? :no:

Nutman
04-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Very good news for us gun people