PDA

View Full Version : Fourm Search

Tony uk
01-26-2008, 10:00 PM
I was searching the term Survival Kit when it came up -

The search term you specified (Kit) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

I was wondering why it has to be four characters long ?

Or is there a way to get round this ?

Sarge47
01-27-2008, 02:47 AM
I was searching the term Survival Kit when it came up -

The search term you specified (Kit) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

I was wondering why it has to be four characters long ?

Or is there a way to get round this ?

I'm not sure, Tony, however, if your looking for info on Survival Kits then go all the way down to the bottom of the page where it says "Forum Jump". Open it up & click on the Forum titled "Survival Kits & Survival Products". Click on that and you'll find all the threads listed including the Sticky on the subject, Ok?:confused:

Tony uk
01-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks Sarge :)

Chris
01-27-2008, 12:44 PM
It has to do with how the database is setup. For the search each and every word in a post is indexed, by leaving out all the small words 3 characters or less you vastly decrease the size of this index, which makes everything run quicker.

SSG HAWK
07-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I had the same problem with RIT Dye. Would it have worked if I had specified "RIT Dye"?

Rick
07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
SSG..........I tried it for you and it doesn't work.....Are you sure you weren't an officer?:innocent: