PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shy Dog!

Ssgt_DimeBag
04-08-2011, 06:58 AM
When I was a boy and training hunting dog, nothing was more of a pain in the butt then a stubborn gun shy dog.
Wasting ammo,time.So my grandfather told me a little trick to break that stubborn dog.
My Grandfather took me out to the nearest oil rig and we tied the dog up to it.
Now you have to have one that has a gas relief.Gas rigs work to.
Well when they let off the gas relief they pop very loud almost like a shot gun going off all night long.
The next day pick up your pup and he will never care about you shooting over him again.
This will also work to break that guard dog.Nothing worse then having that "trusty" friend run off the minute you fire a warning shot for an unseen enemy in your field or darken yard.

Rick
04-08-2011, 07:04 AM
You fire warning shots at unseen enemies?

Ssgt_DimeBag
04-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Well its been know for farmers to shot in the air when you can't see what is making your dog bark.
Kinda have a little experience with sneaking out the "Farmers Daughter" .Lol

Rick
04-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Legal Disclaimer: The previous post was hypothetical in nature and in no way implies that Farmer's Daughters were actually utilized in the making of this post. Wives should simply infer the post was an attempt at humor. (That means you, Melissa).

hunter63
04-08-2011, 12:16 PM
As we have shortage of oil and gas rigs in Wisconsin, it's a little tougher.

Dog training friend, has a term to a gun shy dog........."A nice pet".

P.S. Had a lab that hated gun fire or any kind, but did love to retrieve and the hunt.

He would do just fine, but I swear he would kinda close his eyes, hunker down and whince, when ever I drought up the gun....Then would snap out of it and take off after what ever it was.
If the call was "No Bird" (I/we missed), he would glare at me, with that sideways look.....Like, "I put up with all that noise....for nothing?"

Melissa Montana
04-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Legal Disclaimer: The previous post was hypothetical in nature and in no way implies that Farmer's Daughters were actually utilized in the making of this post. Wives should simply infer the post was an attempt at humor. (That means you, Melissa).

That's a good one.lol
Mind if i use it sometime?

Rick
04-09-2011, 07:27 AM
But wouldn't the Ssgt....I mean...Oooooh, wait. You mean the post. Yeah, be my guest.

Ssgt_DimeBag
04-11-2011, 07:45 AM

That was a good one I have to admit.

SARKY
04-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Damm! I never got a warning shot! Just a load of rock salt in the butt!

randyt
04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
no farmer ever shot at me, they kidnapped me for slave labour. throwing hay, hoeing corn, weeding garden and such.