PDA

View Full Version : Our BOV!

Ssgt_DimeBag
04-06-2011, 05:00 AM
We felt that having an RV over a trailer gives us two vehicles over just one.We had looked at trailers and some are made to where you can haul quads an yet is sacrifices room.We tow a small 4wheel drive behind our RV.
This model has a queen size bed.
The table also folds down to make a bed.

Ssgt_DimeBag
04-06-2011, 05:07 AM
The sofa also folds down into a bed.
The tow behind.It is more jacked up and all black now.

BENESSE
04-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Boy, that's a nice set up DimeB and practically as big as our place in the city.
Seems like it has everything you need and more. Is the RV tough to drive for Melissa?
I always wondered if I could handle one of those things on narrow curvy roads.

Melissa Montana
04-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Boy, that's a nice set up DimeB and practically as big as our place in the city.
Seems like it has everything you need and more. Is the RV tough to drive for Melissa?
I always wondered if I could handle one of those things on narrow curvy roads.

Actually it drives like a dream.The only down side is when its really windy out i don't like to drive it.Even Dime doesn't like to drive it when its real windy.
Its so smooth that i swear you could put a cup of water on the back bed and drive over rough roads an it would never spill.Now i have to say that pulling into somewhere that has a narrow entrance scares me still.I was totally scared at first driving it until i got about 100 miles under my belt and got my confidence up.
Narrow road don't bother me any more it handles like a pickup really.
Yea it's got everything and we have it setup so we don't have to have shore power if we don't need to.It has a 7000 watt gen that the line runs off the main tank.It also has a battery bank and solar panels.
It is very big,but even after awhile with little ones it starts to get small.lol

Justin Case
04-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Very Nice,,,,, Too Big for a single guy like me,,, but great for a family :)

hunter63
04-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Very nice rig.

Been looking at some kind of trailer/5 wheel as I don't really have a place to park a big rig.

Rick
04-06-2011, 11:56 AM
It looks like a very nice vehicle. As for a BOV I would think there are other options that have better gas mileage and less maintance and the availability of spare parts would be better. Plus, you're pretty obvious in something that big. But as an RV I'll bet it's the berries.

BENESSE
04-06-2011, 12:28 PM
6592 This would be my BOV if I ever had to get one.

Rick
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Shotgun!!!!!!

BENESSE
04-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Climb aboard!

Justin Case
04-06-2011, 12:34 PM
You will get fat B ,,,, you will get fatter R,,,, lol

BENESSE
04-06-2011, 12:36 PM
6593Here's a second option.

Justin Case
04-06-2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.soultek.com/blog/uploaded_images/green_rv_am_I_missing_something-725808.jpg

hunter63
04-06-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.soultek.com/blog/uploaded_images/green_rv_am_I_missing_something-725808.jpg

Now that would be a BOV....What no satellite dish?

Justin Case
04-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Now that would be a BOV....What no satellite dish?

Theres more ! Check out his Site ! http://www.brianbrawdy.com/srmr/

http://blog.rv.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/SRMR-Low-Res.jpg

Camp10
04-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I'll bet you guys look for any reason to bug out! Lol! I like the RV but it would never make it up into the logging roads I like to ram around on. I'm guessing it's diesel, what is the range on a full tank of fuel?

Ssgt_DimeBag
04-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks all.

@hunter63 It's really not that longer then most 5th wheels.

@Rick we don't have that far to go to our BOL plus with the hundreds of Canadians that use our hwy to travel on......kinda fit right in on the grey man.Parts would be an issue although once we parked it it would act as the home and not be moved unless need be.This is kinda why we choose the RV over a trailer so if one were to break down we still have a working vehicle.

@Benesse Lol yea i think everyone would be after you in the ice cream truck,but the radio active Homer one would cause them to run the other way.

@JC yea that the guy that has his rig all green.Can't think of his name right off hand,but i would feel that his rig is very high maintenance.Very cool though.

@Camp10 Yea its nice to have something like this when you take the little ones with you.This really isn't my idea camping.You would be surprised it has a 90 gal tank and while having a toad it gets around 10 miles to the gal.Now when in the mountians.......well thats another story.Its a diesel.You would also be surprised how much punch this thing has.I have taken it on some pretty rough off road areas.Yea I don't think it would do to good on muddy logging roads,but if I really had to get up one I would try with double wenches.If a semi can get up it I'm sure I could make it happen.
I also have a smaller one of the same model that is a gas 454 on a Chevy chaise .This one I am redoing to make it more off road for a hunters cabin type to be able to get up some nasty roads.Don't really want to tear up the newer nicer one that I use just for family uses or visiting family.The gas one is already on our BOL and you have to take a very step winedy road that is I believe at one time a loggin road.When things have thawed and dried it went up it very well.

1stimestar
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Nice. Sleeps more then my cabin does.

Rick
04-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Haven't had a slumber party yet, huh?

Justin Case
04-06-2011, 10:21 PM
@ dimebag

His name is Brian Brawdy http://www.brianbrawdy.com/srmr/

Ssgt_DimeBag
04-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Haven't had a slumber party yet, huh?

O NO! Dime does not do the slumber party thing......will leave that to the DW.Lol

Ssgt_DimeBag
04-06-2011, 11:33 PM
@ dimebag

His name is Brian Brawdy http://www.brianbrawdy.com/srmr/

Yea that's it...good stuff!

Melissa Montana
04-07-2011, 12:09 AM
O NO! Dime does not do the slumber party thing......will leave that to the DW.Lol

LMAO! Yea two little girls is enough for him.Whenever we have a sleepover is when he goes on one of his outings. lol