PDA

View Full Version : Hey Chris ! The forum seems to be double post words!

Ssgt_DimeBag
04-05-2011, 10:56 PM
For example in this post it has the word (people) twice.I thought it was just my mistake then when I goto edit it the second people is not there.
What gives?

Quote: I have used them many times in the "Bush".I also own them as my main pack.Ive heard many (people people) complain about them yet I have none.They pack well and carry well.They will take large loads,but are very rugged in the woods.I have different tire covers in different patterns to change for my environment.They will carry anything I need and then some.They are a great improvement over the Alice packs although I still own and use the Alice packs also,just upgraded the straps and belt to Molle.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?15792-MOLLE-II-Rucksack&p=291077

crashdive123
04-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Obviously I'm not Chris, but when I look at the post - even before the two edits you did, I do not see any double words.

Rick
04-06-2011, 08:40 AM
What browser and what version are you using?

Melissa Montana
04-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Yea i have seen what Dime was talking about.One minute it has two words together and now it don't.
Windows 7 HP
IE9

Melissa Montana
04-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Now its messed up the quote.

Justin Case
04-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Now its messed up the quote.

You are missing the bracket "]" on the second quote tag .

Melissa Montana
04-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Ok heres the two words he was talking about.

Melissa Montana
04-06-2011, 09:27 AM
You are missing the bracket "]" on the second quote tag .

Ok i did fix that one with putting the other bracket in,but i didn't do anything but click the reply with quote.
Its acting very strange.

Justin Case
04-06-2011, 09:32 AM
switch to Firefox ;)

Melissa Montana
04-06-2011, 09:42 AM
We would,but i swear our old PC the only time we ever had a virus was when we used Firefox.I know people swear by it.
It crashed our PC and now he wants nothing to do with Firefox after that.
Do you think its our browser?
Why would it add two words like that?
Sorry for so many post just trying to figure out whats happening.

Justin Case
04-06-2011, 09:58 AM
We would,but i swear our old PC the only time we ever had a virus was when we used Firefox.I know people swear by it.
It crashed our PC and now he wants nothing to do with Firefox after that.
Do you think its our browser?
Why would it add two words like that?
Sorry for so many post just trying to figure out whats happening.

I can promise you that IE is not as safe as FF or Chrome,,, but, its personal preference I guess,,, I would bet its your browser causing you the problem, Probably from an add on or tool bar.... Make sure you have a good anti virus installed,, I use Avast! and am VERY happy with it and its free for basic protection, http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

Firefox 4 is out now,, http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/fx/ I use this most of the time.

Chris
04-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Maybe a bug with ie9 or something, hard to say.

beetlejuicex3
04-07-2011, 01:30 AM
I get it on ie only, goes away when window is re-sized.

Justin Case
04-09-2011, 08:38 PM
DB &MM, How is firefox working for you ?

Melissa Montana
04-10-2011, 03:34 AM
DB &MM, How is firefox working for you ?

Working a lot better JC thanks.
Yea i think Chris was was right ....a bug in IE.
For some reason it was on our end looking like two words were being repeated and a lot of misspells that's why so many edits in our post.Yet when we would go to edit everything would look fine.idk
I know it was a trip though.lol
Thanks again JC

crashdive123
04-10-2011, 07:25 AM
All that, and no mood altering substances? What version did you use again? :innocent:

Rick
04-10-2011, 07:26 AM
IE does not have a spell check. I think it's a huge oversight but then I'm not Gates. One more reason I use Firefox.

crashdive123
04-10-2011, 07:58 AM
I've got spell check on my tool bar. Always thought it was part of IE, but now that you've said that, it may be part of my Google tool bar (also has translate)?

Rick
04-10-2011, 05:29 PM
There are a couple of add-ins for IE but the browser itself doesn't have it.

Melissa Montana
04-11-2011, 01:02 AM
All that, and no mood altering substances? What version did you use again? :innocent:

Lol.No,but it was seeming that way.IE9.
Rick idk I'm not the one that sets up our pc.
It does have some spell check,but it was freaking out i guess!
We didn't notice it till we would go back and reread some of our post,but when we would go to edit after changing words a few times then notice that in edit things were right.....just in the overlook things were wrong with double words.IDK
Its all better now.

2dumb2kwit
04-12-2011, 08:48 AM
When I said that the forum was double posting words, they acted like I was crazy. (OK...maybe they weren't acting. LOL)

I also use IE. (I don't know what version.)

Pocomoonskyeyes3
04-29-2011, 03:20 PM
This is weird.... after not checking in on the forum for a while, only 4 posts show as new unread posts. Has everyone been away the same time I was? Before you ask..... Chrome and firefox. Those are the only ones I use.

Rick
04-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Actually....I wasn't going to ask. Well....maybe I was. I suspect you removed cookies at some point. "Clear Recent History" (firefox) or "Clear Browsing Data" (chrome) will do that to you.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Actually....I wasn't going to ask. Well....maybe I was. I suspect you removed cookies at some point. "Clear Recent History" (firefox) or "Clear Browsing Data" (chrome) will do that to you.

No Sir....I have had the same issue since the change.

Rick
04-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Check your browser to see if you have it set to clear cookies when you close it. If you are using IE go to Tools, Internet Options, make sure the General tab is checked and look for Browsing History. There is a small box that says Delete Browsing History on Exit. If that is checked you'll dump cookies each time you close your browser. Uncheck it and see if that helps (if it's checked).

I can sometimes have two pages of unread posts and I'm on just about every day. There are a lot of ways to dump the information and I've probably done most of them. Clearing your cache while you are logged in will do it, for example. If that happens. Click on Forum in the top green bar. Click on Community in the brown bar just beneath it and select Today's Posts. You won't recover all the unread posts but you will see those since midnight.

Pocomoonskyeyes3
04-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Using the most recent version of Firefox(Firefox 4), doing as you said only made it worse. Now only one thread shows after doing as you suggested.

Rick
04-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Unchecking the Delete Browsing History or clearing your cache? Are you checking the Remember Box when you log in? You are doing something to drop your cookies. When you check the Remember Box you set your cookie for this site. If you do anything to remove the cookie then you won't see "new" posts.

I'm also using Firefox 4.0 as my primary browser and I don't have any trouble.

Justin Case
04-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Unchecking the Delete Browsing History or clearing your cache? Are you checking the Remember Box when you log in? You are doing something to drop your cookies. When you check the Remember Box you set your cookie for this site. If you do anything to remove the cookie then you won't see "new" posts.

I'm also using Firefox 4.0 as my primary browser and I don't have any trouble.
Same here..

Rick
04-30-2011, 08:42 AM
In Firefox go into Tools => Options => Select the Privacy Tab and make certain the box Accept Cookies from Sites is checked. I may have been wrong on the Clear History suggestion. I'm not certain whether Firefox clears cookies when clears history or not. From that same screen you can click on the Show Cookies button on the right and Wilderness-Survival.net should be listed. If it is not listed then you will never see New Posts.

Pocomoonskyeyes3
04-30-2011, 10:36 AM
In Firefox go into Tools => Options => Select the Privacy Tab and make certain the box Accept Cookies from Sites is checked. I may have been wrong on the Clear History suggestion. I'm not certain whether Firefox clears cookies when clears history or not. From that same screen you can click on the Show Cookies button on the right and Wilderness-Survival.net should be listed. If it is not listed then you will never see New Posts.
There's the problem! With the New version 4 of Firefox there is no "Tools" option to click.

Justin Case
04-30-2011, 11:00 AM
There's the problem! With the New version 4 of Firefox there is no "Tools" option to click.

upper left corner,, select "options" from the orange drop down menu,, then select "options" again, then select the "privacy" tab . ;)

Rick
04-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't know what you guys are running but my Firefox has a Tools menu option at the top. I'm running 4.0.1

Justin Case
04-30-2011, 01:45 PM
I don't know what you guys are running but my Firefox has a Tools menu option at the top. I'm running 4.0.1

So am I,,,,, I am also running Windows 7 64bit,, Maybe thats why its different ? ( for me, everything is in the orange drop down menu that says "Firefox")

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h435/scottinaz1/screen%20shots/ff.png

Rick
04-30-2011, 03:04 PM
That's probably it. I'm still running XP on this machine.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Right now I have 2 threads and haven't been inside in hours....I have been logged on over a month....I never turn my pc off...

I am a member of 1 other forum and it isn't that way....so to me it isn't me or my PC.....